apple care

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dorqiekat, Jul 5, 2004.

1. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

what's apple care and do you have to get it on your own? Is it in the warranty or something? Should you get it, or is it one of those things where you can't get it after you buy the product...

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Applecare is Apple's warranty for its products, covering everything from the iPod to the Xserve. At least from my experience, they give really good support. When you buy new hardware you get 1 year of Applecare with it, and buying the Applecare package extends it to a total of 3 years. If you buy it after you buy the product, you have to get it before your built-in 1 year warranty expires.

irmongoose

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would highly recommend that you purchase AppleCare. IMHO it's well worth the price. Have always purchased it on my Mac's. In my experience it has paid for itself many times.

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Unlike most computer vendors, you CAN buy Applecare within the first year of owning your mac - to EXTEND the warranty offered. You only get 90 days of telephone support under the normal warranty, so you may want to buy it as soon as you need telephone service, or within 365 days, whichever comes first.

But definitely get it! :p