Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nolegirl01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
So I rented a car this weekend that had Apple CarPlay. This was my first time using it and it was okay, not too bad. While my phone was plugged in and I was using Apple CarPlay, I took some videos with my iphone. Did not think anything would affect my videos until I returned home and went back to see my videos and realized they all did not have any sound. The videos I did take when my phone was not plugged in, were all fine so it wasn't a problem with my phone. Is that a thing with CarPlay? that when shooting video with your iPhone while plugged in to your car using CarPlay, your videos will not have sound? If so, is there a way to get the audio back in my videos? (probably not possible but doesn't hurt to ask) Thank you all!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
It kind of makes sense b.c audio is routed to your car when using car play. I have never tried taking a video while using bluetooth in a car. Does audio work if you do that? I will test carplay in a few hours when I leave work and let you know
[doublepost=1461006229][/doublepost]Just checked. No sound on videos or Live Photos using car play

nolegirl01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Thank you! Yeah when I use bluetooth it works fine, only when my phone is directly plugged into the car and using car play the audio doesn't record with the video. Thanks for testing that! Kind of sad because I took some awesome videos and they all have no sound :( wish I would have caught it earlier!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Thank you! Yeah when I use bluetooth it works fine, only when my phone is directly plugged into the car and using car play the audio doesn't record with the video. Thanks for testing that! Kind of sad because I took some awesome videos and they all have no sound :( wish I would have caught it earlier!

I wish I remembered if it worked normally prior to 9.3. There have been some quirks with carplay since I updated to 9.3 and 9.3.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.