Apple case and app landscape modes

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Imsuperjp, Apr 22, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2010
    Don't you hate it when you have your iPad in an apple case, in landscape mode at an angle, launch an app and it is the opposite view (upside down). I know not every one has a apple case, but can't developers factor this in when designing apps? Or maybe there is a setting that I do not know about. One example is We Rule. :mad::mad::mad:
  2. macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2010
    I do not own an iPad yet, but I remember watching the intro video on and hearing the phrase "there is no wrong way to hold it." Are you saying specific apps only support landscape mode in a single orientation?
  3. bzz
    macrumors member

Jan 22, 2010
    I have the same problem for now with one app only.

I think we should blame the developers of this apps.

I have about 40-50 apps and i have problem with only one:rolleyes:
  4. r0k
    macrumors 68040

Mar 3, 2008
    I agree there are only a handful of apps that refuse to adapt to how I choose to hold my iPad. J
  5. macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    This is one of the reasons why I returned the case. I bought the incase convertible jacket so I can use it naked.
  6. macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2010
    Which apps? I don't really understand how these would pass Apple's approval process.. doesn't really adhere to the "no wrong way to hold it" philosophy
  7. macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003

Yes. It's very annoying when you use the Apple case. Those apps get deleted immediately. I choose how I work, not some snot nosed punk developer. :D
  8. macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2010
    I agree rdowns. I would give the app a poor review as well -- straight unacceptable.
  9. macrumors member

Apr 15, 2010
    I believe Artstudio is one of these apps still love it tho