Apple Case discolored my Zagg IS

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by christianinri, Aug 18, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I pulled out my iPad from the Apple case and noticed it discolored my Zagg Invisibleshield back protector. Anyone know if this is covered from Zagg's warranty policy? Makes it look real ugly. Sorry the picture is sideways. I took the picture with my iPhone 4 and uploaded it to my photo bucket account and it rotated it.
    [​IMG]

2. macrumors 68020

3. macrumors regular

holy crap... this doesn't happen if you use a case only and no skin right?

4. thread starter macrumors member

I totally missed out on that thread. Please delete or merge.

I doubt it happens without the skin. I'd rest easy cryer.

5. macrumors regular

Thanks man. That is a profound thing to say, for some reason. I mean, to "rest easy".

In any event, from the other thread, it seems that it's because of the adhesive and generated heat?

6. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

"Apple Case discolored my Zagg IS"

Is Yoda penning thread titles now? :)

7. macrumors 68020

...yet another disincentive to use Zagg IS.

I was working with a chick the other day who had her iPad in a Zagg. I didn't let on that I knew anything about the Zagg, and asked her what protector she suggested.

She immediately, without prompting from me, offered up that the Zagg has a really weird texture...and that she noticed little scratches in the shield due to its texture which drove her nuts.

I didn't have the heart to share with her what I had read on here about the Zagg plus Apple case discoloration. (She also was using the Apple case.)

8. macrumors regular

...I'm not understanding, why didn't you "have the heart"? If you know about this problem, why didn't you tell her? She already doesn't like the zagg and is now going to end up with the same problem as the OP

9. macrumors 68020

Not my responsibility, especially since at the time, it wasn't clear that it was happening to ALL ZAGG users. This issue was relatively new.

I told her to remove the ZAGG but didn't go into the reasons. I told her that there were far better protectors out there. Period.

10. macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Happened to mine also, couldn't get it off no matter what.

11. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Same thing happened to my matte Wrapsol.

12. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't understand why you would have both the case and a film?

13. macrumors 6502

Its a sign from one of the gods above for you to get rid of the Zagg IS, why you may ask? Because zagg invisible shield is a piece of ***** and i don't understand why people spend money on that crap.

Come to think of it, why have you even got the zagg on your iPad if it is in a case already? :confused:

14. macrumors newbie

Did the same to mine... Returned the apple case because I prefer the zagg...

I ordered the yoobao magic v4 this morning, will post next week to let know if it does the same...

15. macrumors 68020

Exactly. Why are people blaming the Apple Case when it is obviously a problem with that piece of crap, Zagg IS? There is something in that material, aside from the awful texture of orange peel, that reacts with materials touching it.

16. macrumors 6502

More likely due to cheap dyestuffs being used in the Apple case resulting in poor colorfastness properties.

17. macrumors 68020

Could be that...true...

But the Zagg is just full of problems anyway...

18. macrumors 6502a

drenline

I have a solution for you guys (hope I'm not too late). Ok I received my zagg IS in the mail the other day and I noticed that it comes rolled up in a tube. So I decided to flatten it overnight by sticking it inside a magazine and placing it underneath a heavy textbook. When I took it out the next day, I found the images smeared all over my brand new zagg IS!! I was about to throw it away but my dad gave me this "Goof Off" ultimate remover product shown below, and it got rid of all the stains from the magazine images. I was shockingly surprised I didn't noticed the visible stains anymore...

[​IMG]