Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
So by now several of you have had your apple cases for a few weeks+. How does it seem to be wearing? Given the material, I'm worried about cracks/tears along the cover hinge points. Does it seem to be holding up? Does it seem like it will hold up over the long term?

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
So far mine is holding up very well and looks new. However I am pretty careful with it. It may not be the ideal case for someone who is a bit rough on their devices. It can be a bit tough to clean sometimes. Overall I am very happy with it. I think I will need to have it for a while longer to really see how it holds up.

I am looking forward to the Otterbox commuter and defender cases for the iPad because those are what I use on my iPhone.

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
So far mine is holding up very well and looks new. However I am pretty careful with it. It may not be the ideal case for someone who is a bit rough on their devices. It can be a bit tough to clean sometimes. Overall I am very happy with it. I think I will need to have it for a while longer to really see how it holds up.

I am looking forward to the Otterbox commuter and defender cases for the iPad because those are what I use on my iPhone.

Hey- thanks for taking the time to reply. I would prob categorize myself as similar to you in that I'm pretty easy on things as well. I really like the slim form factor of the apple product. Given apples rep for good quality product, I assume they put the thing through the paces.

BossHogg

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Hazzard County, GA
Mine comes in and out of my bag, open / closed, carried from meeting to meeting, reading & watching on the train and then surfing on the couch every day. Looks new. :D

sonofpismo

macrumors regular
May 20, 2002
Orlando, Florida
I have been using the Apple Case since April 3rd, and have even taken some flights with it. It looks brand new. I wipe it with a damp cloth once a week or so. It works quite well, although it can pick up dust and moisture rather easily.

Since I use my iPad mainly around the house, I am planing on switching to an Incipio Feather backing... if they ever ship it!

But I will always use the Apple Case when I travel. The stand functionality is perfect for flights.

I also use an Incase Sleeve Plus for added protection when traveling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.