Apple case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JaredStrauss, Apr 29, 2010.

1. macrumors member

A lot of people are complaining that the official case is too tight. I think it is too loose. My iPad slides out just enough to make it annoying to use the volume buttons.

Does anyone else have this same issue or is my case stretched out already?

2. macrumors 68030

sracer

Your case must be stretched out. I've only removed my iPad from the Apple case twice. It is so tight I was afraid that the pressure I exerted would force it to slide across the table to get out.

3. macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Yes mine is as tight as a virgin too.
    I don't know what you did but something is wrong with your case.

4. macrumors 6502

pruppert

Anyone think that the Apple stores will have a hefty supply of the cases today for the 3G launch?

5. macrumors member

I was in the Apple store in Indianapolis a few days ago and they had a plethora of Apple cases!

6. thread starter macrumors member

Update: I'm an idiot. I did not have the flap tucked in.

7. macrumors regular

It's ok,we all make silly mistakes all the time.

8. macrumors 65816

djinn

Actually this post is helpful cause I wouldn't have remembered to do that when my case comes in. So thank you.

9. macrumors 68000

richpjr

Does the case get in the way when holding the iPad? I can see the use as a stand and it provides the obvious protection, but when holding the iPad, does the cover hang down and flop around? Do you tuck in the back and hold it like it's in a stand? I haven't had a chance to play with one to see.

10. macrumors 65816

djinn

When I used it at work, the flap folds behind the ipad like you ready a book. If you wanted to use it as a Horizontal stand there is a flap to tuck it into; for easy typing etc.

Hope that answers your question.

11. macrumors regular

the case rocks hard!

12. macrumors 6502

hehe rock hard and as tight as a virgin. sorry just had to

13. macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Does anyone with the Apple case also have a Kensington sleeve? Does the iPad in the Apple case fir in this sleeve? Or in any other sleeve?

14. macrumors member

Mezzo43

I just bought the Apple case and am using it with an InCase Netbook zipper sleeve (10.2"). The Apple case fits perfectly inside the InCase sleeve.

15. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Ah, don't feel bad; the first time I put my iPad into the Apple case I put it in totally wrong (upside down) and didn't know what to do with the flap. Thank goodness for MR, as I learned from someone's comments on here! Now I have become quite good at slipping my iPad in-and-out of the Apple case in quick time! The Apple case seems to be the one I use the most often and I think they did a great job with the design of it in terms of functionality.

16. macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Two comments here.

First, my case was much tighter when I bought it on launch day. I've pulled it out a handful of times since and the case does seem to have stretched out enough to where the pad slides around.

And how much of a tool do i feel like for just now reading that the flap was supposed to be tucked in?

I could not for the life of me understand the point of that flap. Go figure.

17. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I love apple's case return policy. I will grab one of these today and see if its for me.

18. macrumors 65816

zub3qin

What is the restocking policy? Is there a fee on cases?

19. macrumors member

Mezzo43

When I bought my Apple case, I asked about the return policy twice. 14 day return policy with receipt and original packaging (even if item is opened) and no restocking fee. I think the restocking is charged when you return a computer or iPod/iPad/iPhone that has been opened.

20. macrumors 68040

Does that mean I have to keep the original plastic that iPad case was wrapped in? I still have the box. I checked our the other cases.

The apple iPad case looked the "sleekest". I did not want to add any bulk. I'd prefer a very thin rubber sleeve like I have with my iPhone. Although I am not keen on putting a screen protector on like my iPhone. I put the iPhone in my pocket and it can get scratched with my car keys. I can't do that with the iPad.

I'm still debating about keeping the case. As for the other poster, I too did not know what to do with the flap. I didn't realize it needed to be tucked in either.