Apple Catches Up to Demand for iPad Mini, Now 'In Stock' in Many Countries

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple appears to have finally achieved supply-demand balance on its popular iPad mini, with the company's online stores for the United States, Canada, Australia, and a number of other countries now showing all models as "in stock" for immediate shipment. European customers are still being quoted 1-3 business days for new orders, although these will likely move to "in stock" relatively shortly.

[​IMG]
    Supplies of the iPad mini have been constrained since the device's launch over three months ago, with early reports indicating that supplies would remain tight into 2013. Apple acknowledged those shortages on its earnings conference call last month, noting that it expected to catch up with demand later this quarter, in line with today's move to "in stock" status.

Article Link: Apple Catches Up to Demand for iPad Mini, Now 'In Stock' in Many Countries

2. macrumors member

3. Guest

Bought one for my wife so she wasn't left out after I was given an iPad 4 for Xmas... you know what, the lack of Retina is not really an issue.

4. macrumors 68020

Gix1k

Just in time for the retina mini to be out within 6 months.....Kinda like the ipad 3 and 4.

5. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

I was once in an Apple store in Manchester and as i was looking at iPad mini and playing with one, i heard a conversation of a couple on my left side. A woman was telling a man, while she was holding an iPad mini on her hand: "I love these retina screens on iPad's.Looks really beautiful"

6. macrumors 6502

Yeh, still waiting for Retina before I waste money on one of these.
    Last thing I want is to buy one this month then next month the retina version gets released. May as well wait until the Retina is released to save disappointment.

C'mon IGZO! Where are ya? :p

7. macrumors 68000

Fake!

Steve jobs said the iPad was the perfect size.

Lol at u guys ;)

8. macrumors regular

Good, now go update the OS. It's getting kind of stale.

9. macrumors 603

Rocketman

Almost 4 months to supply-demand balance. That's a lotta new customers.

Rocketman

10. macrumors 6502a

Did you embarrass her by correcting her?

11. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

I was so tempted but i didn't.

12. macrumors 6502

extricated

More people waiting for the retina now.
    Me included.

Wouldn't mind a hard drive bump, either ... :)

13. macrumors member

Shame..

14. macrumors member

I was half expecting it this March / April.

15. macrumors 6502

Candlelight

This is Cook's company now.

16. macrumors 68000

17. macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

It's still 1-3 here in the UK, not too bad - on the positive side it shows good demand still. Hope it's exceeding their expectations for sales, it's a great product, one of the best devices I've ever owned.

On a different subject (I've posted this a few times before) - everyone should take note of post number 2 in this thread - it's almost like it's a reserved slot for negative remarks, especially related to the mini - I swear they have dedicated teams monitoring new posts on MR round the clock so they can immediately reply with a negative comment in slot number 2. Go check out other positive (or even neutral) threads related to the mini - it's nearly universal. I kid you not. :mad:

18. macrumors 68000

What's funny is that SamClub never ran out of stock on the higher priced units and I seen stock for the 16gig at Walmart right before Christmas. Samclub had plenty of the 16gig units for like the last month.
    Apple is using a Jedi mind trick to make you think their selling like hotcakes. They did the same thing with iPad 3. Wouldn't you do the same to hype demand.

19. macrumors 65816

beauty.
    Still thinking of grabbing one for my mom. Will probably wait for the 2nd gen tho :D

20. macrumors G5

Rogifan

People spew this BS all the time. Apple wants to sell as many iPads as they possibly can. They're not going to constrain supply to create some false sense of demand. And how does that hype demand anyway? They're not going to chance losing a sale because someone doesn't want to wait 1-2 weeks (or more) to receive the product. Apple sold a record 22.9M iPads last quarter. They don't need to make people think iPads are selling like hotcakes. The numbers prove they are.

21. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

Some companies might do that, but APPLE doesn't have to resort to such tactics.
    Also, faking success wouldn't work for them as they publish true sales figures; those puppies are selling like hotcakes.