Apple Cell Phone Ready?

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Sep 5, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Analyst Shaw Wu of American Technology Research claims that the long-rumored Apple cell phone is now a reality with the final pieces in place.

The analyst's report surprisingly provides details of the unreleased product. According to the analyst:

The details of the launch and provider partners remain undecided. Meanwhile, a recent Appleinsider report claimed that Steve Jobs had been boasting about Apple's upcoming phone offering to his inner circle.

2. macrumors 68000

spicyapple

3. Guest

iGary

4. macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Noooooo..

It says First half of 2007. Couldnt it be sooner. I really need one right now.

5. macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

An analyst says its a reality.

Well then, it MUST BE TRUE! :eek:

:p

6. macrumors 6502

afields

please for the love of god, before the end of the year! I'd buy this immediately.

7. macrumors regular

Form factor? I don't care! I want to know what's going to be inside of this phone, especially how much storage. And will this include .Mac syncing, mobile version of OS X or iChat or iTunes? Yes, we know it's coming from Apple, so it will at least LOOK pretty. But I'm not holding my breath until we know what's under said pretty-ness.

8. macrumors newbie

I really hope this is a reality. It seems to me that we'll be lucky if the iPhone even shows itself in 2007. Either way, I'll be paying more every month for my non-contract plan and waiting patiently for Apple to get this thing in the can.

9. macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Seems like Shaw Wu has something new to say about the iPod and Apple every day.

Anyways, I really wouldn't be surprised. The timing is right.

10. macrumors 6502

bout time, my last phone broke and ive been stuck with a t616 that drops calls 25% of the time because its so beat up.

11. macrumors newbie

Now I'm just getting teased by rumors. First it was the MBP that I want, then the media center thingy, now the mythic iPhone. Why do I follow this stuff when it just gets my hopes up? Ah well, I'll buy the phone if they release it.

12. macrumors 6502a

HecubusPro

Will apple be a cell phone service provider if/when this ships, or is this iPhone simply something that makes internet phone calls easier? Will Apple just provide the phone and allow Sprint, Verizon, etc. provide the service? Interesting.

13. macrumors 6502a

A phone makes sense as it is fast becoming the digital center of our mobile lives. I just hope it has PDA functions built in. I hate carrying around more than one gadget in my pocket.

14. CJM
    macrumors 65816

CJM

It better get released in Europe with little gap between the US.

I'd like a new phone, and one made by Apple is a definite yes.

Though with all this great stuff coming, I'll be broke :p

15. macrumors 6502

jonharris200

Apple showed with the Intel transition that keeping the same form factor gives consumers an intuitive confidence in new products.

Sounds like the iPhone will mirror this by trading off the popularity of the nano form factor.

16. macrumors 6502a

dizastor

Shaw Wu is really making a name for himself in the rumor mongering business lately

17. macrumors 6502

prady16

This is what i am talking about! Perfect timing for me as my contract with Verizon just got over!
    I would hate it if the service provider blocks most of the features of the phone as Verizon did with RAZR.

18. macrumors regular

MT37

19. macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

My number one concern. I need a pda with my phone, and if Apple's not doing it, I'm stuck.

20. macrumors 6502

prady16

Wouldnt it be great if apple iphone had features of a phone, pda, and ipod and if it can be used as a modem for a laptop to access the internet?

21. macrumors 603

roland.g

I would get one in like 2 years after it has gone through revisions and everyone else has had problems with it. Sure I'll want one. But I'm happy for now since I have the kewlest phone out - Nokia 8801!

22. macrumors 68030

Only Apple can excite me with a phone. :) We all know it's coming; it's just a matter of... well, when? I still like the name iChat mobile, as someone suggested in an earlier thread. I'm very interested to see how Apple designs it to interact with our Macs. Obviously iTunes support will be present. iSync with Address Book is also a given. What else?

23. macrumors 6502a

Shagrat

Fat chance! Probably about 6 months to a year, i'll bet.

Still no movies/tv/video on UK iTunes....:(

24. macrumors G5

nagromme

Even the analyst doesn't say it WILL be released soon, merely that it's ready enough that it COULD be.

25. macrumors member

I really don't believe it would be coming. Hardly... Possible, yes, but hardly.