Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

tim_cook_headshot_glasses-250x286.jpg
Apple CEO Tim Cook's compensation for fiscal 2015 was $10,281,327, according to a newly released SEC filing. That breaks down to a salary of $2 million, non-equity incentive compensation of $8 million, and other compensation of $280k. Cook earned approximately $1 million more than he did in fiscal 2014, when he brought in $9.2 million.

Last year, with stock awards and hiring bonuses, Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts earned $73 million, but in 2015, her compensation was $25.8 million, in line with other Apple executives, all of whom received $20 million in stock awards and $4 million in non-equity incentive compensation in addition to their $1 million salaries.

Senior executives Bruce Sewell, Dan Riccio, Eddy Cue, and Luca Maestri all earned more than $25 million in 2015, numbers that do not include restricted stock units that vested in 2015. Over the course of the year, Tim Cook received 560,000 shares of stock worth over $57 million, Angela Ahrendts received 391,634 shares worth $50 million. Eddy Cue, Dan Riccio, Bruce Sewell, and Luca Maestri also had shares worth between $11 million and $38 million vest.

apple2015executivesalaries.jpg

Under the guidance of Tim Cook, Apple had another record year, generating $233.7 billion in sales, an increase of 28 percent over 2014 and a new high for the company. Earnings per diluted share were at $9.22, up 43 percent from 2014. According to its October forecast, Apple expects to continue its record earnings streak into 2016, with projected revenue between $75.5 and $77.5 billion for the first quarter of 2016.

Apple will announce its earnings for the first fiscal quarter of 2015 on Tuesday, January 26. MacRumors will provide live coverage of both the earnings release and the conference call.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook Earned $10.3M in Fiscal 2015, Up From $9.2M in 2014

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
I wouldn't normally say this about CEO compensation, but Tim actually seems like he's underpaid. Clearly he's bringing tremendous value to the company, which continues to be the largest (by market cap) and most profitable of any industry on the planet. Some CEOs get paid a LOT more than this, for doing highly questionable and even downright evil things. I wouldn't put Apple in that category, no matter what you want to say about Chinese labor, blah blah blah.

GIVE TIM A RAISE! Or at least more stock!

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
Where I work I make more than the owners, there are titles that are very complex and can pay better OR they are negotiated differently. Sometimes you can arrange your own salary. Different variables once you are above everyone.

This is indeed true. Jobs that VERY directly are associated with revenue generation are typically very highly paid. You know, for real companies that actually make and sell things, and not just BS financial services scams...
[doublepost=1452118580][/doublepost]
I can't be the only one who thinks there should be some change in Apple. IMO Cook, Ive, and Cue need to be out and replaced to see what fresh, new, and motivated people can bring to the table.

I'd very much disagree about Cook, I'd mostly disagree about Ive... But yes, Cue really seems to be a drag on things, considering for a long time Apple's online "services" have been under him, and those are often the worst aspects of the Apple ecosystem...

Reactions: username:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.