Apple CFO lectures about company's marketing methods

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 14, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

Is that figure correct? $325 BILLION seems to be a horrifying amount of money to lose.

3. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Compared with the President's request for 87 Billion to rebuild Iraq, which seemed like a lot to me, I'd say yes - that maybe should be a Million.

But, is that article from England? No, Michigan. Well, still, some European countries have different meanings for Billion than we do.

4. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I've been noticing that a lot, a LOT, of people around here are still using G3's and lots of computers which the PC world would consider worthless. My neighbor has one of the old-style beige G3's - an actual relic from another era - and she doesn't feel the need to part with it. "It works great!"

All these sub 5% market share stats are all based on purchases, not current use, and as evidenced by the strength of iTMS for Mac vs iTMS for windows, I'm inclined to say that there are far more Macs in daily use than 3.8%. On garagepunk.com's forum, 3 of the top 10 threads right now are all Mac related - a statistical impossibility with only 4% of the marketshare.

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah, macs run for a lot longer. My father still uses his Performa 575 (68k!). Also there was another error in the article which stated the iPod was Time magazine's invention of the year. Which of course isn't true. It is iTMS

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

A British billion is 1 000 000 000 000, which is even bigger than an American billion (1 000 000 000).