Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
People need to relax and read more carefully. We usually only hear from Oppenheimer during earrings calls, the next one which is scheduled for October. He was just giving us a teaser to say, "Big things are coming, but I don't want to say more until the next earnings report." This impacts no other rumors about when things will be released.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
The next conference call is in October, that's what he was referring to. No indication of new product launches.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Lol, obviously. Apple has barely released anything the last 9 months. This cramming stuff in the fall plan is kinda dumb but what do i know right? ;)

Fall release schedule for a lot of their products (new MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, iPhone 5S, iPad 5, OS X Mavericks, etc) is perfect for the holiday season. Everything will be fresh and new.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Who wants an iPhone 5S???? Myself and many others would rather have a completely redesigned iPhone 6 with a larger screen.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
I like that Apple has gotten a little bit of its secrecy mojo back. I know this is a rumors site, but I still love it when a keynote hits me with something I wasn't expecting. Hoping that this Fall has some mind-blowing stuff.

Don't take this the wrong way, but exactly which part is unexpected? The fact that they are releasing products in fall? Given that it's been a dry year, I don't think it comes as a surprise

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Who wants an iPhone 5S???? Myself and many others would rather have a completely redesigned iPhone 6 with a larger screen.

At this point we are only assuming that it will be a 5S because that is the pattern that they have set for the last several releases. There is nothing to say that they won't release a 6 besides the fact that the alleged parts leaks don't seem to indicate a larger screen is imminent. But, if Tim Cook has locked down on secrecy it could happen. But, at this point it is highly unlikely that we will see a major form factor change this year.

----------

Don't take this the wrong way, but exactly which part is unexpected? The fact that they are releasing products in fall? Given that it's been a dry year, I don't think it comes as a surprise

I was thinking more about the surprise that was the Mac Pro announcement. I don't think people saw that coming the way it did. Obviously, we knew a new MP was coming, but the secrecy seemed much stricter.

I'm saying that I hope that there are things coming this Fall that we haven't picked up on yet. Maybe the rumors have it covered, but I'm hoping for a surprise. Not in the fact that there are updates or even new products, but in the details, similar to the MP announcement.

Also, the Logic Pro X thing caught me unaware, so I'm hoping there's more of that kind of thing to come.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
All I want is the new iMacs. I can wait to buy a new iPad and I don't care about new iPhones.

The new iMacs came out in December, 2012. I wouldn't expect any update this year. Haswell is really ALL about the mobile world, and the difference between a desktop 3770 Ivy Bridge and a 4770 Haswell is quite small. You might be waiting a while, is all I'm saying.

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
Hmmm.. no mention of MacPros. Guess we live off the reveal for a few years before they ship. :rolleyes:

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
The new iMacs came out in December, 2012. I wouldn't expect any update this year. Haswell is really ALL about the mobile world, and the difference between a desktop 3770 Ivy Bridge and a 4770 Haswell is quite small. You might be waiting a while, is all I'm saying.

1) Update to 802.11ac
2) Update to PCIe SSD
3) Update to the latest NVIDIA Graphics
4) Haswell Processors
5) Thunderbolt 2
6) Update to 1080p Camera

Not enough?

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK

At the very least, I would anticipate update to wifi in line with the TC and the MBAs. Might just be a small spec bump but it will happen. Like it did with the MBPs earlier this year.

----------

Hmmm.. no mention of MacPros. Guess we live off the reveal for a few years before they ship. :rolleyes:

Right at the beginning of the call at 2.10 they confirmed Mac Pros by the end of the year.

Frederico Luna

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
Recife - Brazil
Fingers crossed for the release of the new Mini until october 4th. I live in Brazil and I'll be traveling to the US at the end of september.

If they don't release the new Mini by then, I"ll have to buy the late 2012 model :(

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Apple is expected to unveil a number of products in the fall months, including the next generation iPhone, the fifth generation iPad, the low-cost iPhone, and refreshed MacBook Pros.

All of the products on the horizon are expected to include impressive new features, including a fingerprint sensor and an upgraded camera for the iPhone 5S, an iPad mini-style redesign for the fifth generation iPad, and Haswell processors for the new MacBook Pros.

The company is also rumored to be working on additional projects such as the iWatch, and according to Tim Cook, Apple's catalyst will always be "new products and new services" in both current product categories and "in new categories."

... and the new Mac Pro.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
1) Update to 802.11ac
2) Update to PCIe SSD
3) Update to the latest NVIDIA Graphics
4) Haswell Processors
5) Thunderbolt 2
6) Update to 1080p Camera

Not enough?

Since when have Apple EVER released products when "WE" think there's "enough" to justify it? Count me in for a new iMac (despite owning a decked-out 2012) if all those updates happen. I sincerely doubt it will, but hey, I'd LOVE to be wrong. :)

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
So basically...

After my moog and logic X purchase I can't spend a nickel until product release day. Well I needed to go on a diet anyway. But...then. After all that apple stuff like the macpro supercan. A LaCie t-bolt external ssd. Then.. New BOOBS!

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I'm beginning to doubt Apples sincerity.

Profit taking has taken over as they've continued to rake in the big bucks thanks to the ongoing sales of old tech like the iPhone 4.

As far as the bragging about an "Army of new products" ?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.