Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
Well my Mum has wanted a pink iPod for a long time now so I thought why not get her one for Christmas. I added personalisation (I know it adds 5 days but is a nice touch) and a pack of iPod socks because she thinks they are cute.
I'm sure we've all been blizzed by Apple's Xmas present email and store campaign telling us to kickstart our shopping now. So imagine my shock when I went to check my order status and see that it is due to ship on the 31st of the month, so much for a Christmas present (sorry Mum but the thought was there).
Another case of Apple PR getting ahead of what they can actually supply.
HO HO HO :(

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
wait, what? you mean apple is advertising something before they can ship it?!?!?!!!

i dont know why they always do that. have they ever shipped the 30" screens?!?!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If you can live without the engraving, the UK store shows that it should ship within 24 hours. Perhaps you could have it engraved somewhere near you? Not the same, of course, but it'd mean an actual box under the tree instead of an "it'll be here in a week or so" note....

Or, of course, you could order a mini for yourself, put that under the tree, and let her use it until hers arrives. ;)

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
Thanks for the replies guys, I know I shouldn't really be suprised about it. I did, afterall, have a GeForce 6800 on order lol.
Anyway I phoned apple and it would appear it is the socks that are causing the problems. Quite ironic given the fact everyone is always given socks for xmas. They are going to try and split the order so hopefully the iPod will be here at least, if not I will just have to cancel and reorder the bits separately.
Merry Christmas to all anyway :)

edit: Sorry about the typos

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
psycho bob said:
hanks for the replies guys, I know I shouldn't really be suprised about it. I did, afterall, have a GeForce 6800 on order lol.
Anyway I phoned apple and it would appear it is the socks that are causing the problems. Quite ironic given the fact everyone is always given socks for xmas. They are going to try and split the order so hopefully the iPod will be here at least, if not I will just have to cancel and reorder the bits separately.
Merry Christmas to all anyway :)

I love how they always say "we'll TRY to cancel the order." Good luck - hope it gets there in time. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.