Apple cinema display 2013

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by majkom, Dec 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hope for more than just one graphic input, that would solve all my problems mini and xbox on one display)... is that real?

2. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

I doubt there will be a 2013 cinema display.....but will be a new thunderbolt display based on new iMac .

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

TBD is bad choice for me, no chance to connect xbox:(

4. macrumors regular

It just got this monitor http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS27B970DS/ZA and side by side with TBD ( LG IPS panel ) it looks very similar, however better color because of built in calibration on Samsung ( PLS ). The TBD can get brighter but unless in very bright room should not be an issue. It's an excellent option especially if you need the inputs and don't want to loose the setup that regular monitor provide. As people argue in the macbook pro retina forums between the samsung/lg panels, on the large scale these two panel have similar traits to their smaller counter parts. Worth taking a look at.

Amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-S27B9...ie=UTF8&qid=1355943265&sr=8-1&keywords=27B970

5. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

It is likely not in Apple's strategic plans to help out MS's Xbox. Maybe the much rumored Apple TVs (late 2012 or 2014?) will offer a solution.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I believe that support for other then one and only apple computer is not supporting xbox. It is higly probable I wont choose apple display until I get more then one and only TB graphic input - so is that better for apple not to sell me display or to sell me display that will support for example xbox?

7. macrumors 6502

Apple has never offered a jack-of-all-connectors display (like Dell, Samsung, etc), and I can't imagine they'd start now.

8. macrumors regular

I wonder how that Samsung compares to the Dell U2713... Anyone seen both?

9. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Actually, it's a lot more than one of Apple's computers that supports Thunderbolt- all of them (excluding Mac Pro) support Thunderbolt.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

one and only - means simultaneously... all i want is just two connectors, not only one:) i know, impossible in apples world