Apple Cinema Display Perpherial Ports

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mashinhead, Jul 24, 2005.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

So I got a 20 inch ACD. When you get it there are 3 connecters coming out of the same tube that connects to the ac dc port. One DVI one firewire and one usb. What are the firwire and the USB for??

Also the ports on the back of the monitor (2 usb and 2 firewire) I don't really get them either. you can't connect a printer or a mouse or anything to them if you want to use them with a computer you have to connect those items directly to the computer(i'm using it with a powerbook). And in a way i kind of understand it. So i connectd an ipod mini to the usb port on the back of the monitor, just to power it up, not even to load music. It doesn't even do that. So what are these ports for exactly.

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

You put the DVI into your computer.
    You plug the USB cable into the USB port on your computer, so your periphreals will work with the hub in the monitor.
    You plug the Firewire cable into the Firewire port on your computer, so your periphreals will work with the hub in the monitor.

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

hrm.. that makes sense. thanks. i guess that was in the instructions huh? :eek:

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Who reads those? :confused:

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

certainly not i