Apple Cinema HD Display!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Mac2006, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Mac2006 macrumors newbie

Im thinking about getting a Apple Cinema HD Display with a Powermac G4 but if anyone knows about price changes in the near future about eather f these plz post...

2. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

i imagine the powermacs will be staying in the same price range for a while... and the displays changing in october or so.

nothing official just guessing on my part.

welcome to the boards.

3. mozez macrumors member

if the display changes at all, it won't be much, i don't see the hd screen going down at all, the 22 inch was the same price for a long time, then it went down alittle after over a year, but nothing major.

4. Mac2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im glad to join this forum thanks for the worm welcoming.....

5. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

what about MW paris and seybold is anything new coming out then?

could new LCDs come out but not have rebate prices until october 1st?

6. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

as you can see by the last few updates, i dont think apple is sticking to big social conferences for product updates.. but more to a "when they are ready" schedule.

If something needs explaining such as new features or software I beleive they will save it for a press event.. but for speed bumps.. they will just slide 'em in.

but then again.. what do i know.

7. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

Re: Apple Cinema HD Display!!!

The HD display is sweet, i've drooled in awe standing before it in the Apple Store, but if you dont need it, save yourself the extra 1000 dollars and get the 22 inch. Although there is a quality difference, the 22 inch display is still a beautiful piece to put next to the powermac. You can throw in a lot of upgrades for a thousand dollars.

8. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

Although i would wait a little while, maybe until after MW Paris or Seybold, just in case any changes are brought about:)

9. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I've barely seen any price changes for the monitors....but since we're on the subject....

I've been thinking about buying the new Powermac Dual 1Ghz DDR model with either a 22 Cinema Display or should I get two 17" displays....the cost will roughly be the same....

if I do get the 22" are there any video cards I can put in the powermac so I can watch tv on it just like the old performas

10. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

If you need good resolution, and screen space to work on, get 2 17" displays...you'll get almost 1 more megapixel...thats quite a bit. Just look at it...two 17" will give you a combined resolution of 2560 x 1024...the 22" is a mere 1600 x 1024 :eek:.

But if you want to watch TV, then get the 22"...you don't want to have to split your TV screen!:D But sorry, I don't know any graphics cards that have TV out...I think the Radeon 8500 all-in-one wonder is PC only...others will prob know one.

If it were my choice, I'd go with 2 17" screens. More screen space, more pixels, and much, much better resolution. Also you'll save a couple of hundred I think...well, you have to buy the DVI to ADC adaptor...I still think you'll save some money. You just won't get the ooh factor of a big screen.

11. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Two 17" inchers become cheaper than the 22" with the new promo:

http://www.apple.com/promo/dualoffer/

From the site:

Buy any Power Mac G4 and as many qualifying Apple flat-panel displays as you need between August 13 and September 30, 2002, and get a picture-perfect deal. Save $200 on the 17-inch Apple Studio Display and the 22-inch Apple Cinema Display. Or save $500 on the breathtaking 23-inch Apple Cinema HD Display.

The way it looks you'd be spending 2g on the 17" and get $400 back, making your outlay 1600 bucks. The 22" would be $2299.

The HD would be $2999.

m

12. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I forgot about that. lol...and I thought it was only for education...stupid me :D.

So there...quite a bit cheaper no?

Buy the two 17"!!!

13. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

14. Yuk-Monkey macrumors newbie

Just a suggestion. You know whats even cheaper than than getting the two 17"? Buy two 21"CRT Apple Studio Displays on eBay for a total of $507 like me. Sure its not the latest tech, but if they work fine and you have the space (and a strong enough desk for 154 lbs of monitor) talk about screen real estate on the cheap! Best thing I ever did! My dad has one 17" flat panel on his G4 and its like looking through a peephole to me now.

15. Mr Jobs macrumors regular

id go for a 17" Studio then two 21" CRT Studio any day...there so much cooler in both terms:D , less energy hungry hate to see you energy bill, space seavers, easy on the eyes, less cable clutter, better controls (software based)...you get the drift

16. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I wonder if this is OS X native....I don't really want to go into classic just to watch tv.

I'll be getting the flat screens and not the CRT's because of space. Perhaps I will be getting the two 17"s but I always wanted to watch a dvd on a 22....hmmm....decisions decisions....

17. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

It says 9.1 or higher and I suppose 10.1>9.1, but you'll just have to e-mail them.

18. BongHits macrumors regular

they've just recently developed OS X drivers for the MYTV and MYTV2GO, el gato's eye tv has gotten mixed reviews, supposedly the program guide sucks as of right now but its free so what r u gonna do?

eskapes product is less than half the price, but does it record to hard drive like DVR? i've heard eye tv doesn't record very well at all (it's usb what do u expect?)