Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
has anyone else marvelled at that pic on the 20" iMac (the surfer)? i imagine this is some copyrighted photo, but i'd love to have that as my desktop pic. apple usually does have pretty cool desktop pics when they show off a mac. i wish they'd offer them to users.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Apple usually uses desktops they find floating around on the internet. At least, that was the case with the powerbook city scape.

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
i've been poking around but can't find it on an image search..i wonder if it's even a real shot, or just a photoshop job. those look like middle of the ocean waves.

Versello

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2003
It appears they don't have it on their site anymore... but when I saw it... the size of those waves were incredible! Those were like tsunami-like waves and the surfer was just standing there boldly. Must have been a photochop.

Zion Grail

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2002
Chicagoland
Apple.com always uses the coolest backgrounds on those monitors. If anyone can find me the backgrounds on here and here for me, you'd rock beyond all comprehension. Those are two fantastic backgrounds that I just can't seem to find.

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
imac20image11182003.jpg

- Doc

joshuwa72

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2003
Chelsea, Michigan
I highly doubt they took the picture of the display while it was actualy on and showing something.

The picture was probably photochopped onto the imac AFTER the initial picture of the imac was taking.

So there may not even be a wallpaper-sized image of it...just a little dinky one like the size you see on it.

if they take a picture of it while running 1)you have to worry about glare/flash 2)the colors will not be so bold and vivid like they are in the pic posted above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.