Apple.Com Feature: Staples

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaw04005, Nov 14, 2004.

1. macrumors 601

jaw04005

Apple posted a "feature" article on Staples, Inc.

http://www.apple.com/pro/design/staples/

I wonder if anyone at Apple has ever been to a Staples? Software for the Mac is non exsistant at their retail locations. At least their creative department likes Macs, I guess their sales department doesn't.

2. macrumors regular

Maybe not a bad way to get some reciprocity going w/Staples...

No lose for Apple in either event...they have a good PR story; may even drive sales through a channel...

3. macrumors P6

wdlove

I was surprised also about the article about Staples. Maybe with the notice of the creative departments use of the Mac, it will encourage greater use by the company. It could even lead to Staples carrying Mac products.

4. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In all fairness, Apple has pissed off a number of retailers (like Best Buy) by making them jump through lots of hoops. Some vendors just don't like to deal with Apple.

But that's a cool article.

5. thread starter macrumors 601

jaw04005

They carry mac software through their online store, just not in their retail stores.

6. macrumors P6

wdlove

Well at least I was half right. Haven't been to the online store. I do enjoy shopping at their store. They usually have what I need when it comes to supplies.

7. macrumors newbie

They sell Macs at their international stores, or it might be Office Max/Office Depot. Anyway, I saw an apple article about one in Mexico City being realy good, at their retailer branding website.