Apple.com Front Page & Pepsi

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by pjkelnhofer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. pjkelnhofer macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

I have apple.com as my homepage so everytime I open Safari there it is. Unscientifically, it seems that the Pepsi iTunes screen has been up now for longer than another single standing advertisement (going on two weeks). Even the Panther countdown rotated with other splash pages if memory serves.

I wonder if this is part of the deal with Pepsi (being displayed prominently on the website for XX days). If it is, I don't expect to see Apple update anything until they are through with that aspect of the agreement.

So any guesses on how long that will be?

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Seems right to me. I guess it will be up till there is something new to really push.

3. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Also, perhaps apple figures a lot of people are going to their sight to check out the pepsi deal...if it's right there when they load the page it will be easier for them to get iTunes. Though, I wonder if they will leave it like that until the promo is over...another 6 weeks of the pepsi screen seems kinda boring but hey, if it helps them keep their lead in the downloadable music biz I say do it.