Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Phone will you order?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 19 1.2%
  • iPhone 8 plus

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 1,527 96.6%

• Total voters

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Time when it was ordered has nothing to do with being able to find the tracking. I'm sure there are others out there who ordered later than you already got the tracking info by searching via ref. It all depends on what model you chose and color and size.
[doublepost=1505668787][/doublepost]
Not sure if you are using your phone to check or the one on desktop but I'm checking from my MacBook Pro.
[doublepost=1505668891][/doublepost]
I have one for pick up in store and still says "Order in Progress" and my paypal credit did get charged. We won't be seeing the change till launch day. So it will still say "Order in Progress" till Friday.

Actually, it might be an authorisation hold, looking at the data.

Seth Matthews

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
The Ether
I don't see how the tracking by reference is working for people on UPS because you have to select a shipping date range and it only allows you to select up to today.

Reactions: Kylee0300

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
I don't see how the tracking by reference is working for people on UPS because you have to select a shipping date range and it only allows you to select up to today.

on mine it says that my shipping label was created today, thats why I can find my tracking number through tracking by reference today.

IFortWorth

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
I think that's the key. I'm next day air (iPhone 8+ 256GB) and no shipping details yet here. I'd venture to guess no one else with next day air has shipping details either, right?

Mine is shipping next day and I don't have shipping details either. I know a couple years ago my phone shipped from Louisville and not China. Nothing to worry about here. These phones will be here on Friday.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Mine says delivers Sept 22 by standard shipping and I found my info this morning if that helps out.
[doublepost=1505683598][/doublepost]
UPS says mine is in Anchorage

Mine still says that just the label has been created in china. No actual tracking info has been posted yet.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Mine is shipping next day and I don't have shipping details either. I know a couple years ago my phone shipped from Louisville and not China. Nothing to worry about here. These phones will be here on Friday.

Does your say the same thing mine says?

"Delivers 25 Sep, 2017 - 02 Oct, 2017 by Next Day Shipping"

Just curious if there is a chance mine will come on the 22nd. :)

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
My discover card was charged almost immediately after ordering (albeit a pending charge still) and I'm still stuck on order in progress but I do have next day air listed as the shipping method. I still think those on the upgrade program will likely ship separately as the box to return our old iPhones will need to be included in the box

Reactions: BigMcGuire

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
F9E6F046-7E66-4AD8-ACD3-EBBC3E0D3708.png

And it’s gone out my account.

Reactions: dwward

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Ok. So reference # is phone#. Thanks. I assume then you must have a fedex account that has your phone linked to your delivery address

The reference number can be a number of things... the phone number that you used when placing the order has worked in the past, as has the FIRST EIGHT characters of the Apple order number (Wxxxxxxx).

overfedexed

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
UPS says mine is in Anchorage
Mine says the same thing, Anchorage.

My local UPS will have them in a few days and they will be locked up in a fenced-in area I heard.
When I worked for FedEx we did the same thing. We weren't allowed near that area either.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I think that's the key. I'm next day air (iPhone 8+ 256GB) and no shipping details yet here. I'd venture to guess no one else with next day air has shipping details either, right?

Not sure. I have 3 separate orders:
iPhone 8+/256/Space Gray/ATT - Next Day Air
Apple TV 4K - Standard Shipping
Belkin Wireless charger - Free 2 Business Day Shipping

All scheduled for delivery on 9/22... all "Preparing to ship"... NO tracking info in either UPS or FedEx.

No need to sweat it... I have 100% confidence that all will be here on Friday, just like Apple promised.

ashleyman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2017
Ordered an 8+ 64GB in silver for a 9AM store collection on Friday.

Still available for delivery on Friday so thinking about chaining my order and waiting at home.

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary

Still available for delivery on Friday so thinking about chaining my order and waiting at home.

I'm not sure that once you choose in-store that you can change it to home delivery now and get launch day delivery.

You best ask Apple about that.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yeah in the Verizon thread, someone called in to change colors on their order and it made their delivery date get pushed out by quite a few days. I don't recommend changing if you want to get it soon.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

I'm not sure that once you choose in-store that you can change it to home delivery now and get launch day delivery.

You best ask Apple about that.

Yeah in the Verizon thread, someone called in to change colors on their order and it made their delivery date get pushed out by quite a few days. I don't recommend changing if you want to get it soon.

Any changes that you make after you finalize your order will cause that order to be cancelled and then you will have to place a new order - which means going to the "end of the line". It's just how it works.

Justind

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
just checked mine using the phones phone number and its being shipped by UPS, label has been created, just waiting on item to show up. oh and it has a tracking number

Reactions: marchrose2011

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
I just tried searching UPS using my phone number and got some results :D my phone is sitting in Harrisburg (only two hours away :mad:) until delivery on Friday. I'm guessing A LOT of these phones (particularly those marked next-day delivery) are already stateside.

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 8.43.26 PM.png

techdude13

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Rochester, NY
I just tried searching UPS using my phone number and got some results :D my phone is sitting in Harrisburg (only two hours away :mad:) until delivery on Friday. I'm guessing A LOT of these phones (particularly those marked next-day delivery) are already stateside.

View attachment 718571
I was refreshing my MyChoice to get an update for someone on my Apple Watch status after I checked it 10 minutes ago, and mine just showed up too! You have no idea how giddy I got when I saw AI (short for Apple, Inc) show up on my MyChoice dashboard!
iPhone Showed Up.jpg

Edit: Also, I am in Western NY - even the US Mail comes from Harrisburg overnight. So frustrating when I know if UPS didn't pay attention it could be here in the afternoon tomorrow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.