Apple.com search turns up PowerBook G5

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by Xapplimatic, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Xapplimatic macrumors 6502

Xapplimatic

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

3. ffactory macrumors newbie

no, he's right:

"Design to Go... Anywhere
    In a program focused on preparing students with the real world experience they’ll need in the workplace, the University of Cincinnati’s College of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning is arming each of its students with individual PowerBook G5 computers, letting them take their design tools from school to home to work and back again."

what's up with that? yeah, i'd say maybe an eager beaver in the editorial dept.

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Well its possible they are talking about the PowerBook G5, especially since someone at Apple accedently released the G5 specs a few days before they were released.

5. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

The idea is a nice one but when you actually click on that article they say G4. It is great to hope and wait as i am doing for the PM G5 update. Lets hope they come soon.

6. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Yeah, i'm getting quite anxious about this PM update. I'm still wondering about ATI's involvement in this possible delay. Saying they're going to release the Radeon 9800 Pro Mac SE by the end of January but it's still nowhere in sight. tisk, tisk, don't be such a tease.

7. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

unfortunately, i'm pretty sure it's just a typo...someday though!

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Yeah, that's a typo, I read the full article a awhile ago, and they were definitely G4's :)

9. JamesDPS macrumors regular

For what it's worth, I'll just throw in here that I too am waiting for a PM revision. (And have been, since the initial introduction, and then much more expectantly since MWSF).

*runs around room screaming in frustration, leaving trail of hair behind*

Macrumors is a cool site and the forums have a lot of cool people, but I think getting involved in the rumor mill has caused some serious stress...

10. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Yeah, you're not the only one who's been stressing. It's especially not good when you tell PC people that you live with "I'm gonna get a dual G5 real soon and it's gonna be BADA**"...maybe with different words but to that degree, and the powermac doesn't even come out. I'm getting quite frustrated. I just ignore "Magic Tuesdays" anymore.

11. cubist macrumors 68020

Over on Appleinsider there is some speculation that the problem with the PM update has to do with dual CPUs (because the single G5 Xserves have been shipped, apparently with 90nm CPUs). If that's the case, tho, that wouldn't affect PBs...

12. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

G5 Powerbooks aren't coming out time soon, while the heat output of the 970 has been somewhat alleviated by the 970FX, the system controller chip still produces a large amount of heat; removing it or using one operating a lower speed would defeat the point of using a 970 anyway. I expect the G4 powerbooks to hit 1.5 Ghz before the switch to the G5.