Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I really don't think this is referring to a specific product. Just a "happy new year" greeting. That's all.

lol I was thinking the same thing. I mean I WANT it to be something amazing but I'm betting money that it's just a nice banner telling everyone to have a happy new year, Apple style.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Something BIG is going to happen :cool: .

I don't see how this points to new products at all. The banner mentions nothing about new products, MWSF, or anything else. It also doesn't link to anything, meaning it could just be a simple "here's to the coming 30 years" message. I wouldn't get too excited, guys.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
the graphic does look a little... poorly done? Especially that distortion in the corner... (for want of a better word!)
I don't see any "distortions"... huh?

The image isn't about balance, it's about symobization. The light rays in the image Apple used are not used to simulate a spotlight (where the light source would be more consistent around the edges), but rather a dawning.
I agree. I think it's pretty neat looking, an effect I might want to try to achieve myself sometime.

I also don't see it as trying to create hype. Apple really didn't do or say much about their 30 year anniversary (of the Mac), so it's a fun message to think about (just imagine what they'll have 30 years from now!).

animefan_1

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
New York
I hate to be a downer - but in light of the stock restatement scandal - this (and the pre-announcement of iTv) may be aimed at keeping a positive face at the future. A way to reassure the stockholders.
Still - it does seem like they are set to annouce a new product in a segment that is new to apple.
I can't wait to tune in....

I don't think you have to worry about being a downer. I doubt Steve Jobs is too worried about what the stockholders think - a lot of them are Chicken Littles anyway. I feel the new image would be where it is whether or not there was any "scandal".

----------

As far as this image goes, I hope people keep in mind that Apple is not putting all of their eggs in one basket - MWSF. Rather, MWSF will the starting point for one hell of a year for Apple.

MWSF will be Apple starting point for telling their "competition": "Sit down, shut up and let the Master show you how it's done."

Rock on Apple!:cool:

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
it does seem like they are set to annouce a new product in a segment that is new to apple.

This is actually how I feel about that posted teaser. I mean "'The First 30 years were just the beginning... Welcome to 2007' implies that Apple will start doing something new they didn't do before. The teaser doesn't sound like normal product upgrades to me.

I for one would like to welcome our new phone overlords :D.

animefan_1

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
New York
This is exciting.

If Apple Computer is EVER going to establish itself as legitimate and/or standard in the marketplace and offer a significant alternative to the Windows PC, the place is here and the time is now.

I'm waiting!

Personally, I disagree. Apple has been legitimate standard since Mac OS X shipped (and beforehand). It's only been in the past 12-18 months where people are starting to really notice.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
Okay I would pee myself right now if I had to pee. Something absolutely enormous is going to happen and it's going to be completely revolutionary. The "Lust Factor" leads me to believe something along the lines of an iPod will be made, but 10 times better.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
believe-big.jpg

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
the first line has me thinking new products, but the second lines to indicate a happy new year thing... so who knows....

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Apple has hyped the hype before - much worse than this. Anyone remember MacWorld SF 2002.

This year's graphic is much nicer though :p

attachment.php

D :D

Attachments

• applebigdeal3.jpg
    applebigdeal3.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 4,926

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I hate Apple right now. The suspense is killing me!!!!

ugh!! And I had a chance to go to MacWorld, and I wasn't able to go.

Damn exams. :mad:

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse
I think this is a greeting and a hint towards illuminess being previewed. There is a now Blacked mac emblem from the glowing light behind it.
Picture8.png
Wonder if it will be big light bulbs this year or small :D
idea_bulb.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.