Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac-er, Oct 30, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    Was reading through the Apple posts tribute to Rosa Parks, and it got me to thinking...

Apple has only posted a few tributes to people...
    Rosa Parks, Gregory Hines, Johnny Cash. (Anyone think of any others?)

Are these people special to Steve Jobs? Its sad that Hines and Cash are dead, but they really don't compare to Parks. And other entertainers have died that could be considered more important (i.e. Johnny Carson).
  2. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
  3. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Jun 3, 2004
    east of the West and west of the East
    I think Apple's tributes are for people who were revolutionary, went against the grain, challenged convention, or, in short, Thought Different. I'd say that probably applies to all so far. I don't recall if Apple did a tribute to Ronald Reagan and to many he'd seem to be more important than George Harrison, for example.
  4. Flenz macrumors member

Sep 9, 2005
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Looks like sj at pixar dot com

5. sjpetry macrumors 65816

Oct 28, 2004
    Tamarindo, Costa Rica
    Who could forget about "reaganomics" and his "loving" care for the environment. :rolleyes:
  6. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Apple always amazes me with this stuff. They're one of the few companies who can put sales aside and place something more important on their homepage.

9/11 comes to mind. I checked After 9/11, Apple had a nice message and a link to the red cross donation page on their homepage. Nothing else except the tabs at the top. What does Microsoft have? A little blurb about 9/11 next to all sorts of crap promoting the then soon-to-be released Windows XP. Verizon took that opportunity to brag about how they're restoring communications to affected areas and donating cell phones. Target had a tiny little section mentioning 9/11 at the bottom of the page. List goes on and on. Out of all the companies whose pages I checked, Apple is the only one who actually devoted the entire page to the tragedy.
  7. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    I agree with you, but I really don't think Verizon was bragging. They are NYC's phone company. If I lived there, I'd want to know when my phone service was being turned back on.
  8. Project macrumors 68020

Aug 6, 2005
    It definitey is @ Logic would say that first part is SJ, but the blurred out parts make it look like it definitely is.

Should I email him and ask him for some iBook feet? lol