Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halledise

macrumors 68000
Original poster
wot the flip is going on I wonder - all of a sudden every category of refurbished Apple product has disappeared.

never seen this before …

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 5.42.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 5.42.03 PM.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 630

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
wot the flip is going on I wonder - all of a sudden every category of refurbished Apple product has disappeared.

never seen this before …

Maybe Apple decided that selling refurbished (not new) products might get them into trouble with Australian government agencies. Not worth the risk, really.

halledise

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Maybe Apple decided that selling refurbished (not new) products might get them into trouble with Australian government agencies. Not worth the risk, really.

not really - Australia really is the home of the free [and the boat people too ;)] just bought the missus a great little MBA last week and was hoping to do the same for the daughter - when 'hey presto' everything disappeared.

Zero!sOne

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
Pennsylvania
Same in the US store, totally empty. I was just going to pick up a refurbed Airport Extreme :(

Any idea how long it usually takes them to refresh (or whatever it is they're doing)?

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
The UK store occasionally doesn't have any stock - usually though when it's late at night.

Just checked the UK store and now getting 'The connection was reset' on Firefox - it was working an hour a go. Maybe they are updating it (or it's broken)

I'm tempted to get last years MBA for Mountain Lion as my 6 year old MacBook isn't supported :(

/edit it's back (probably our proxy server)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
not really - Australia really is the home of the free [and the boat people too ;)] just bought the missus a great little MBA last week and was hoping to do the same for the daughter - when 'hey presto' everything disappeared.

:apple::)

*poof* I was about to order last night/today(when it briefly made a re-appearance)... Something tells me i should have... oh well..

Now I'm hoping it would be back.. *fingers crossed*, and i'll get it before weekend.

trainman

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Kissimmee Florida
missing inventory

Don't know hoe to help you I just tried the main store address, the link etc. on my iPad and MacBook Pro and found all stores full of inventory. the "shop clearance" section is in fact empty as usual.

Zero!sOne

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
Pennsylvania
Don't know hoe to help you I just tried the main store address, the link etc. on my iPad and MacBook Pro and found all stores full of inventory. the "shop clearance" section is in fact empty as usual.

Very strange. I was thinking at first it was my work's crappy old version of IE not refreshing properly or something, but I just tried from my phone and am seeing an empty store there as well.

I tried to check via the AppleStore app, but I don't see any way to view refurbs from there.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Why is he refurb store down?

I check it pretty regularly to see trends, prices, today nothing is in stock, no macs, no pads, no iPods. Strange.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I check it pretty regularly to see trends, prices, today nothing is in stock, no macs, no pads, no iPods. Strange.
Clear your browser's cache and cookies and try again. There are plenty of refurbs available.
ScreenCap 2012-07-10 at Tue, Jul 10,10.41.35 AM .PNG

vader_slri

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
Canada

It came back up for me about an hour ago but is empty again now. Guess they are having some technical difficulties.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I check it often too and today saw no products available. Maybe just a bug but they're doing something to trigger that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.