Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So thousands showed up a week ago at the Apple Stores around the nation, and we all filled out little cards for our chance to win a computer.

Anyone hear about who won? Apple release a list of names for each store? Or are they keeping quiet?

And if so, any one here lucky enough to win?

D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
one time i made a music video for a record label's official contest. the award was 1000 bucks.

after about 5 months (after the contest ended), the web site very quietly posted a winner. and no runner ups like they had said there would be. personally, i think that the name was fake and they just blew it off. in this case, the band had changed record labels so it makes more than enough sense.... why give away a thousand bucks for some band that's already moved on?

but with apple, they'd have to work a bit harder to fool people....

it'd be cool if even one of the things was one by a macrumors person.... i guess

DavPeanut

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Maryland
I entered, and so did my mom. We didn't win anything, but we each got a free T-shirt and I got a mousepad (not that I need one, I have optical mice)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
yes, it would be cool to see a member win a computer - but wouldn't it also benefit apple in giving out a list of names? Or is there a problem with privacy?

D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
they should at least let people know the winner of the main prize (imac) or at the very least that a winner was announced...

i could see some people getting pissy if apple just listed their name....

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
they should at least let people know the winner of the main prize (imac) or at the very least that a winner was announced...

i could see some people getting pissy if apple just listed their name....

that's what I figured, but it would be cool to announce *something* and even in some contests you can request a list of winners. But nada from Apple

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.