Apple.com's Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Koree, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

If it says it will ship in 3-5 days, how long does it take after to get to your house? :) Im getting my comp right as soon as i get back to the States (in Korea right now :D ) and am already excited to get my PowerBook. Since i am tweaking it from its default package (ram, video card, and hard drive speed) How long will it take?

Thanks in Advance

2. GiantsFan macrumors member

mine shipped on the first day (a sun night/monday) then i got it 2 days later (a wednesday). so total 3.

3. oreo macrumors member

Mine took about 9 days in total, from ordering it to getting it.

4. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey

Thanks ^^ bettter then i thought it would be

5. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

mine took a week and a half because i ordered it the day it came out.

6. tliptak macrumors regular

I ordered one on Thursday and got it on Tuesday. It was upgraded for the HD, Ram, VRAM.

When I first ordered my other one when it came out it took about 2 weeks but that was because they were sorting out some issues. Which were fixed and I got a great machine.

Edit: Also if you get free shipping they always bump you up to the fastest speed they can because it is comming half way around the world. I am in the US though.

7. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

Mine shipped yesterday (same day I ordered it) and is supposed to be here today.... I got the faster HD, and upgraded the VRAM.
    Its Coming from Harrisburg PA, which I find odd but not that I mind its just, that most other custom Powerbooks are coming from overseas...

8. Soire macrumors regular

I ordered a 40gig iPod and it's being shipped as I write this from Shanghai China.

I ordered it right after the keynote on monday, and it claims to be delivered by tommorow morning, although fedex states that it has already arrived at my local distribution center. 24 hours to get from the other side of the world, but another 24 hours to get across town?? :confused:

9. goodknight411 macrumors member

10. kidA macrumors regular

i have BTO ibook. placed my order on a tuesday, it shipped on wednesday from taiwan, and arrived on monday morning via alaska, indianapolis, memphis then to salt lake city.

11. Soire macrumors regular

I just left work to go home and pick up my iPod.

It was worth it. I now have a 40gig iPod and the world has turned for me. :D

12. phonic pol macrumors regular

Ordered my bto powerbook on the 13th and got it on the 17th. It was built in Asia then shipped to the Netherlands then couriered by tnt to me in the UK.

I found the web tracking to be useless passed the first shipping date i.e. leaving Asia on the 14th. After that I had to ring Apple to find out where it was. They could tell me over the phone but the details never came up on the Apple tracking page. It still shows as not being signed for and I've had it a week now!

13. JuicyGoo macrumors member

i ordered my BTO on monday and it has yet to ship out. but after reading some of these posts, i think i should call instead of checking online.

14. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I ordered my CTO on the 11th of June, it shipped from apple on the 17th (a day ahead of expected), and received it via FedEx Ground on the 22nd (again, a day ahead of FedEx's expected delivery date).

Hope that helps.

- Mud

and for the record, the iPod mini that I ordered at the same time isn't expected to ship until the 9th of July. Thankfully my wife is patient.

15. cabrian macrumors newbie

I made my order of the dual 1.8 w/23 HD Cinema display on 6/18. At the time it said it would be 7-10 days on the PowerMac (while the monitor has been here for a week). The time was set for 6/30 on the receipt I received and though I called twice yesterday and they said it was fine, now it has been bumped back to on or before 7/12. Not only that, if you go to the web right now and try to order the PowerMac it says it will ship the same day. Is that normal? I'd like to call them tonight and let them know how unhappy I am.