Apple corprate life....not so good

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Daveway, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

2. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Interesting...

One of my friends used to work for Apple in Sacramento. After a year he quit. Was wondering why, but after reading the survey, maybe I know...

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, unfortunately Apple probably couldn't compete in today's marketplace unless they played by some of the industry rules, just because they make killer products doesn't mean there aren't dead-end, high-turnover jobs with miserable people. I'd be curious to see more interviews with designers/engineers/programmers, the people Apple expects to be their cutting-edge innovators, I'll bet they see a more generous, nurturing "parent" than the cold corporation that customer service, operations, and retail people see...

4. mac-er macrumors 65816

AppleInsider has an article on this so yuo don't have to sign up for the Vault.

I like the one guy who said he wore sweatpants everyday and went barefoot at the office, and they he wondered why he didn't get promoted.

5. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Having worked in the corporate world, I can say without a doubt that at times and for many people,it's hell on earth. I was one of those people.So if I was interviewed, I might say that about any company. Corporate life is NOT for me. Apple is not immune to disgruntled workers, and the fact that it's percieved as some kind of "Mothership" belittles the fact they are still a multi-national company run by humans. So my point I guess I have to eventually get to (!) Is that anecdotal evidence, and not an exaustive study, is worse than pointless. Any company is as good as the sum of their parts, and Apple has plenty of good parts. I worked for Johnson and Johnson. WORST run plant I have EVER seen. But the company? Overall rated as one of the best companies to work for because of extreme efforts to help their emplyees, like with free day-care and superb health coverage. That hellish job bought my house and paid $50,000.00 to have my daughter born, while I paid a total of $200.00. I will always be grateful to them. Throw the blogs and the posts of former Apple workers in the trash.

6. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Are you all just reading the excerpts? I clicked the link to read more, but you have to have a subscription.

7. Daveway thread starter macrumors 68040

Daveway

no subscription needed here. I would love to work for Apple but I like my smaller businesses.