Apple Crazy

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Spock, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Well I was just playing around with my Motorola v600 and for some reason I thought it would be cool to set the my message tone to the Macintosh startup chime,well after I did that I wondered how many other would do such.So I would like to hear Apple crazy things You have done.

2. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Whta format did you save it as, my samsung D500 uses .mmf files for its alert sounds, (although you can use mp3's)

Thanks

3. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

I have changed all the system sounds on my works PC to Macintosh system sounds. My favorite one is the annoying Windows login chimes have been swapped for the Performa 5200/5300 series Death Chimes :cool: My little bit of Macintosh rebellion in a Windows office.

4. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Haha! I've done the exact same thing in the past.
    My Samsung D500 doesn't allow for 'custom' message tones though :(

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I am the same way, however I use startup chimes.

In our email system i have email rules for when we receive new trouble tickets. Depending on the severity of the ticket, it will play a unique sound, ranging form the normal startup chime form powermacs, to the chimes of death for critical tickets.

Quite fun :)

6. Spock thread starter macrumors 68000

Spock

The v600 uses MP3 files, I use Mp3 Trimmer by DeepNiner to get my ringtones right, I love the v600 as long as it charges when I Plug it in.

7. ph0rce macrumors 6502

My Nokia 6230i ring tone is it infact :) has been since like the day i got it :) it's a .mp3 file....

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis