apple credit question! ! !

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pavetheforest, Apr 22, 2006.

1. pavetheforest macrumors regular

pavetheforest

Can anyone explain to me the apple credit card "3 months same as cash"
    option, or do they a 12 month no interest option? I read the information, I know they have the 3 months same as cash but the way in which they explain it confuses me.......can anyone clarify this for me?

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I believe that it simply means that you do not have to make any payments for the first 3 months.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Youj get it interest free for 90 days -- if you let it go to the 91st day however, you pay a bargeload of interest from Day 1

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

A rather unpleasant surprise. :eek:

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Yeah, that credit card is a joke. You'd be much better off doing one of three things:

1) FInd a credit card with 6-12 months 0%.
    2) Use two credit cards, and transfer the balance from card A onto card B for a small fee. I did this with my Quad and paid 0% for 12 months on a card I had for a while.
    3) Save your money and pay off the balance the moment it shows up on your statement.

6. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Hmm. That's not a bad idea.

I'll have my dad and myself read the fine print again, but I thought it was not interest for 3 months, then you start paying interest on whatever you have left, not the original amount. :confused:

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it looks to me like you have to pay off ALL of the inital purchase from Apple by 90 days in order to get the no interest for 90 days part of the deal......this is from the "terms" page:

"The Finance Charge is waived on the initial Apple Store purchase for the first 90 days after the transaction date provided we receive timely payment and the initial Apple Store purchase balance is paid in full on or before the 90th day after the transaction date"