Apple customer service stinks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by pianodude123, Jun 7, 2005.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

im not a troll...but....

I was just on the phone with apple. They told me a thousand lies. I called two times and the people there are officially morons. Here goes:

1. I am still debating between the dual 2.3 and the dual 2.7. They wwould not help me make up my mind and that is what i called them for.

2. I asked what the key differences between the two models were other than the speeds and he replied, "well the graphics card is different, and the processor speed is different." (to clue him in I asked him what the cooling system in both of them were) He told me that all the powermac models come standard with liquid cooling.

3. He was a plain old moron.

4. Since i called twice, I asked the same questions, and for this question I got two different answers; "where is the tech support located"

For the first lady I got "it is located only in the united states, mostly in texas" For the second GUY i got "it depends, sometimes it is in the US, it could be all over the place, India, japan, EVERYWHERE! Meanwhille im thinking "why the heck would I want to talk to foreigners who probably dont even have the same model computers in their country. (not to be racist or anything) just usually you cannot understand what they are saying and they do not solve your problem...I got really fed up with the tech support at Dell. I mean really, why should i be paying 250 dollars extra if it doesnt even solve your problem??

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

so #1) Take a valium ;)

then #2) when you're mellowed out some, go and visit an independent Apple dealer (not a CompUSA or BestBuy but an honest to goodness Apple dealer). Ask your questions of a real Mac expert, and get your answers, then reward them with your business.

You are asking for more out of the Apple mail-order experience than it is prepared to deliver.

3. sk8erboy macrumors regular

+ rejecting foreigners at whole isn't being racist.
    + you sound like a windooze decoy.

4. Gary King macrumors 6502

My experience with Apple support (well actually, Apple sales) was absolutely fantastic, on the other hand.

My first call to Apple, was of course, 1-800-MY-APPLE (the sales phone line.) I normally get put on hold by other companies for maybe 15, 30 minutes or more, and sometimes they even disconnect me. But for Apple, it was 7 minutes; which I consider to be pretty phenomenal. But besides that, their sales rep was really kind, nice, helpful, and I got everything I need. They also sounded like they weren't outsourced, but maybe that's just me.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...for the record....if you check with reputable organizations that rate customer service in the computer industry (like consumer reports for one...) you will see that Apple is always rated very highly for their service, frequently at the top. That of course doesn't mean they are perfect and don't sometimes screw up an answer or service call....but overall they are great. Luckily I have only ever had extremely minor, trivial reasons for calling Apple support and both times they were quick, professional, and got the job done completely to my satisfaction....oh yeah!

6. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

The apple support hung up on me because I started yelling at them for making me pay 240 dollars a year and not being able to fix my problem. I still have not been able to get my files back.

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I would probably hang up on you too if you were yelling. If you want help you have to be respectful...which does not mean roll over and die...be firm...but keep cool and respect the person you are talking to....oh yeah!

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

And what AppleCare is not ... not support on your third party apps, not insurance against self inflicted damage (hardware or software), not recovery of files that had been trashed accidentally (this is next to impossible on OSX). AppleCare does not cover data.

9. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

HAHAH Rofl. I hate it when they cant fix your problem. I also hate it when they find a cheap solution to fix your prob lem like " Oh, ya, you should do a clean install of your OS" WELL THANKS BUDDY NOW HOW AM I GOING TO GET MY DATA BACK!!!!!!!