Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
...so Apple is going to choke off sales about 6 months before they refurbish the product because... they are sick of making money? These analysts sound real smart.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
...so Apple is going to choke off sales about 6 months before they refurbish the product because... they are sick of making money? These analysts sound real smart.

I think the point is this might indicate new iPad's sooner, IMO they will announce then in June for immediate sale.

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
Do you actually use or plan on using one? Just asking since I also feel the urge to complain about the Mac Pro not coming out even though I'm set on keeping my 2008 one for a long time ;)

I'm still using a 2006 model with lots of memory and newer graphic card and it's just now barely showing its age. My wife's new iMac can ever so slightly outperform it. I'm ready for a new one in about six months I suppose.

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
Great, AAPL will probably tumble tomorrow with the first half of the title of the post but recover with the second half. :rolleyes:

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I bought and subsequently returned an iPad Mini because of two factors:

1. It was obvious that the screen was not as good as the retina iPad.

2. AT&T won't allow the Mini to be a Hotspot unless you get the highest data plan or a shared data plan.

Why did you buy the mini in the first place? The things you mention can both be found out by just strolling into a shop and testing the thing and asking some questions to the staff..

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
Man Apple needs to come out with more than 1 new iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone a year. Does anyone remember when they were a computer company?

Ummm ... new range of notebooks, new Mac Mini and re-designed iMacs. Not a bad year when nearly the whole line-up is refreshed in a year.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
What would differentiate with the retina ipad other than size. I believe that the ipad mini would somewhat gimp than the full ipad.

So retina ipad mini would happen when the full size ipad has other compelling features.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Why did you buy the mini in the first place? The things you mention can both be found out by just strolling into a shop and testing the thing and asking some questions to the staff..

Helping someone to get a cheap refurbished iPad mini.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
I think their 'news' will reduce about 50k ipad mini sales... Look look...now I'm an analyst :p

The difference, of course, is that you are analyzing your fantasies, while the pros analyze the facts.

Other than that, yeah!

Gym Hellwig

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2013
dou you think is stupid to get a mini now?
Better to wait instead?

If the current mini suits your needs, get it now. If not, wait.

That screen quality does not serve my needs, so I'm waiting until the new mini is released. If it does not have a retina display, I'm getting the full-HD Nexus 7.7.

caioferrari

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2012
I'll wait for a Mini retina or wait for a small case of iPad 9.7" without that huge borders.

Buying a iOS without retina is out of the question.

XtraSmiley

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2006
don't hold your breath with that low cost iphone coming up

God I hope not. I hope Apple is moving toward a fully retina product line. I hate the fact that they still have older screens. It would probably help out developers too, although I'm sure a lot of them are already moving toward not even supporting the older screens.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Man Apple needs to come out with more than 1 new iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone a year. Does anyone remember when they were a computer company?

Yes, and they came out with a lot less iPads, iPad minis and iPhones a year when they were a computer company.

pbelfi

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
Thanks, But No Thanks

If Rene Ritchie is correct with his prediction of no Retna Display in the next iPad Mini, I'll defiantly pass! What compelling upgrade can they make to the Mini? Maybe a speed bump in the processor, or maybe some added ram? Thanks but no thanks, to me that is not compelling at all!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.