Apple, Dammit!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DarkNetworks, Oct 12, 2005.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Dammit! How long was it and now another new iPod. I've just got my nano like how long...and now its considered "old"? Still can't believe that Apple did this! Firstly, "everyone" got their hands on the nano and now what...

2. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

The nano isn't outdated by any means..
    Apple wanted to revamp their line of iPods. I think visually, they look a lot better now. Instead of the mini, you have the nano, and instead of the photos and/or "ipod color" you have the new iPod with video playback. The nano hasn't been discontinued like the mini has. You shouldn't worry too much about it. Technology moves so fast, it's impossible to keep on top of it.

3. the_freddinator macrumors regular

They also have to appeal to seperate demographics. the nano is great if you have less than 4 gigs of music/photos. For people like me, though, who have (lots) more music, there is something to be sold there. I know people who didn't buy the nano because of capacity- the new iPod is very appealing to those people now.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

The iPod video does not make you Nano any less functional. You really should be happy with what you have. Like my man Diddy says "Jealousy and envy is only gonna leave ya broke"

5. crazyjoeda macrumors member

I almost bought a NANO and I would have if it had 6gigs, but then I looked at the reguar iPod and though this thing is huge how long can it be until a smaller one comes out.

LOL is only a matter of time untill the iPod does everything ur computer does.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

you have got to be kidding me, the iPod and the nano have two totally different markets

this is a ridiculous thread

just buy the new iPod if you want one.

I will be buying a nano because i will need one for running

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That is so true... but part of me feels so guilty about wanting the nano when for only $40 more, I could get 30 gigs! :eek: But that video 'pod won't be as comfy on my arm when I exercise as that nano. :p

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The iPod Nano replaced the Mini in the $200 and $250 price range.

The iPod Video replaced the iPod Photo in the $300-$400 price range.

They didn't do ANYTHING to the Nano. If you had bought a NORMAL iPod you'd be justified to complain.

9. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Apple is even more nefarious than the dreaded Colonol, and the drug he puts in his chicken to make me crave it fortnightly. Dratted pentavirate. :(

I don't even *like* desktop computers and I'm seriously lusting after an iMac....

11. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

It's NOT TWO DIFFERENT MARKETS..its "iPOD"

12. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

13. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

Same thought here...and if I didn't have an AirClick, I might have already gone out and bought the iMac (I know, $1000+ vs. $30...that's just how I work sometimes).

Why do I have an odd desire for warm KFC biscuits now?...rrr...must...eat...biscuits...

14. efoto macrumors 68030

Easier there killer, you won't want to get a typing aneurism from all those caps :p

At the end of the day they are all iPods, correct, but there are quite clearly different demographics for each model. Some love Shuffle, others Nano, still others the "full" iPod. Each has it's own specific uses and each does them quite well I think. Yes they all play music and have similar features, but each is unique and therefore appeals to a specific person for a specific use.

Buy the one, or two, that you want and have a use for and stop bi***ing about it. Your Nano is still just as good as the day you bought it (save for those screen scratches :rolleyes: ) and will be for some time to come. Once they update the Nano to 8/10GB models, then it will be obsolete :D

15. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

16. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

o_o