Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I just searched "Macbook Pro" in the support page, and it even auto-completed. I hit enter.

I am returned A WALL OF TEXT, OVER 10,000 RESULTS! WTH AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT?

Seriously? Do you go onto a clothing site and search for "sweatshirt" Give it a clue.

I really like how as soon as you click in the search space it offers some very useful starting points (manuals, tech specs etc) so you don't even have to scroll down or type anything.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
"iPhone batter"

Guys I think theres something wrong with mine. I'm having serious boot issues.

20110221-127355-dinner-tonight-beer-battered-fish-thumb-625xauto-142043.jpg

Reactions: gladoscc

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I don't suppose any of you remember when Apple products did not really need a lot of support, they just worked?

But now Apple hides or removes needed functionality in the name of massive white space and produces software which only barely works for mainstream use, but really does not work well for many corner cases.

And remember when smart people used Apple products, not any more. Now it is just dumb teenagers and they apparently need lots of hand holding.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Wow. Noticed that they raised the price for Air 2 screen repair (replacement) from $299 to $379.
Unless they forgot to update it to the new rates again.

diipii

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
UK

Apple today updated its support site with a brand new look and new ways for users to interact with it. The new site is broken into several different blocks, with most of the attention going to three different ways users can get help.

applesupport.png

The first block is dedicated to a search bar that provides Quick Links, which allow users to get the answers they're looking for while they're searching rather than having to wait for a results page. The second block allows users to find support by choosing the device they need help with and the third block features "Popular Topics," like how to manage an Apple ID or photos.

The next set of blocks let users know they can seek help from other Apple users at the Apple Support Communities, check warranty and repair status and how to contact Apple Support. The final two blocks are dedicated to promoting Apple Workshops in retail stores and list out recall and replacement programs. The site's new design is also compatible with mobile browsers.

In recent months, Apple has worked to make it easier for its customers to seek help from the company about its products. Last month, Apple launched the Apple Support Twitter account, which quickly gained momentum after its genesis and was responding to nearly 100 tweets per hour.

Article Link: Apple Debuts 'Reimagined and Redesigned' Support Site
Apple will never understand why words like "reimagined" make my skin crawl and make me want to bite my own head off.

Reactions: T Coma

mfvisuals

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
SacTown, CA
There wont be a need for a support website soon because people are frustrated and ditching Apple.

This assumption is based on what exactly?
[doublepost=1462050844][/doublepost]
Um... yippee, I guess. Half the Mac lineup continues to stagnate, but hey, we got a fresh face on the support site.

You and many others don't seem to realize that Apple is a huge company and the people responsible for maintaining their support website are more than likely not the same people managing their hardware lineup.

An update for one thing doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of focus on another aspect of the business.

Reactions: HenryDJP

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Somehow I now see the table as a shelf where the people on top are dropping the Apple devices to the people at the bottom. I can't unsee this.

Reactions: smacrumon

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2016
I don't suppose any of you remember when Apple products did not really need a lot of support, they just worked?

But now Apple hides or removes needed functionality in the name of massive white space and produces software which only barely works for mainstream use, but really does not work well for many corner cases.

I try to explain this every day during my daily screaming about Apple fits.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
As long as they don't improve their search engine algorithms, it will always result in a poor user experiencing. Just like the search engines of Maps and the Stores suck big time as well.

Fuzzy search, coming to Apple in 2025... Just license Google's Technologies and get it over with.

Red Oak

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011
At the top is one big search box. When I enter for example "iPhone cracked screen", I get 15K results across 1K pages. Many of the results have nothing to do with the specific query I entered. It is a horrendous user experience. It is like a bad execution of Google

And, it took me 16 clicks/steps to make an sample appointment at the Genius Bar

How is this in anyway good? How does something like this pass Apple's "exacting" standards?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
With Apple respects the term "Think different" becomes clearly day by day why Apple does what it does, And this in one place where it's universal across everything, all their products, not just website.

They introduce a convenient way to search, but then limit it to what u can search *for*

I'd rather a search be useful, than not useful, but taking me to a search results page all the time.... You only do that IF you can't fine the match...

I typed in 'Macbook tech specs" and it couldn't find anything.... Yes, it found it in the first link in results but that's an extra step u must take... (may not be exact term, but Apple knows what its referring to)

Spotlight, search on iOS (probably the only useful thing i can say here) far out-beats any others.. and the Mac App Store. maybe only you purchases. Just wish search works exactly as it should do... But this is Apple were talking about here.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
tried the new site. selected replace by mail, due to charging issues with the phone (it takes hours to charge up lately on all of my chargers).
said I had to make an appointment for my 6s. so much for a seamless revamped support site.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Haha, now some iPhone pancakes would be true innovation.

Jony Ives designed them to be the flattest pancakes ever made and white but some have a very yellow tint. They are only good with imaple syrup and ibutter, only 29.99 an ounce each at any apple store. Other brands of butter and syrup may cause them to explode or start smoking in your stomach.

Phil Says they are to be called ipancake thinnesteverintheworlddisks and to do otherwise will delete you permanently from icloud. Which to some may be seen as a good thing.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.