Apple Debuts Two New 'Your Verse' iPad TV Ads Emphasizing Music and Travel

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 25, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has debuted two new video ads for its "Your Verse" iPad Air campaign that showcases the tablet being used in a variety of situations. The pair of ads profile Esa-Pekka Salonen, a Finnish conductor who composes music with the iPad Air, and travel blogger Chérie King, who uses various apps to map her journeys and translate foreign languages on the fly.

Meanwhile, King's one-minute spot shows the writer traveling to various places including Morocco and Vietnam while using the iPad Air in a number of ways. Apps such as Wordpress, Facebook, and Twitter are shown being used to record the journey, while Triposo and iTranslate are used to find popular destinations and translate foreign languages in real time, respectively.

As with the other Your Verse ads, both videos have corresponding sections on Apple's website which go into details about the stories of both individuals and how the iPad Air has helped.

Apple debuted its initial Your Verse iPad ad in January alongside a corresponding website that shares a number of experiences. Other stories have noted the iPad's use in mountaineering, sports, choreography, oceanography, and more.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Two New 'Your Verse' iPad TV Ads Emphasizing Music and Travel

2. macrumors 6502

Classy...

Brilliant TV spots for the iPad. Have yet to see Samsung try to copy that classy approach. ;)

3. macrumors regular

AstronomyiPhone

Check your TV in ten minutes.

4. macrumors newbie

skinbubble

Most impressive.

5. macrumors member

They don't need to. They have Lebron.

6. macrumors member

Love these new ads. Nicely done.

7. macrumors 65816

japanime

I'll bet that composition sounds absolutely terrible through Beats headphones. :D

8. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

Some of these 'Your Verse' spots are powerfully convincing and sleek, especially those such as the one with the Finnish conductor. Almost makes you believe, you could be him. ;)

9. macrumors 6502a

Asclepio

miss the "billionaire mother****ers!" at the end

10. macrumors 68000

AngerDanger

It's nice to watch those ads and think that most peoples' verses will be getting through some levels of Angry Birds and responding to emails. :p

Yes, I know that's pretty cynical.

11. macrumors 6502a

These are beautifully done, especially the Cherie one. Advertising is one thing Apple never disappoints with :apple:

12. macrumors 68030

I want to see the commercials for all those cheap "GarbagePads" sold in China, India and elsewhere around the globe.

:)

13. macrumors 68000

Kariya

iPad mini rarely features in the iPad ads.

14. macrumors 6502a

Pakaku

Emphasizing music, but I still can't play super hi-fi stuff on my iPhone :eek:

15. macrumors regular

Classical

I love that classical music commercial, it's perfect.

16. macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I had Civilization V on in the background while watching the first and the background music of Civ really enhanced it, and made it sound like oriental music, all because I forgot to mute it.

17. macrumors 603

I had to stop this half way couldn't take it

Big keyboard, reminds me of my old Casio..

Second video is better, all but holding the large device up to take a photo.

You try that in a concert and everyone will start yelling at ya.

18. macrumors 65816

Maybe they do but you don't have good size references to tell since they are nearly identical minus the width of the bezels on the left and right.

19. macrumors 68000

The first ad sucks because I will never pick up a violin or use a piano; I'm too old for that crap and have zero interest in it.

The second ad is the same old song and dance but in a different costume.

Basically if you already own a iPad 2 and up it can do everything as seen in the ads. These commercials have the same old theme; nothing new to see.

----------

Because the money maker is the full size iPad with a $100 premium.

I agree; Apple is doing a terrible job promoting the smaller iPad which I find more useful.

20. macrumors 65816

I think that these ads aren't supposed to be new and show off stuff you don't know already about them. Most people know what an iPad is and that it can do so many things... it's time to educate people that iPad is a classy and worldly product and you shouldn't be using Samsung/Microsoft because they are too generic and boring even though they do the same things.

21. macrumors G5

Rogifan

I really like the Your Verse campaign. The two websites for these ads are really nicely done with additional videos too.

22. macrumors 6502a

Not quite, the mini has an inferior screen to the iPad Air.

23. macrumors 6502a

You miss the point of brand marketing. This is not solely about introducing new features for the iPad. It's about, in part, the possibilities that are open to YOU, the consumer, if you have something as wondrous as an iPad. Brand marketing is about emotional associations and not simply touting a bunch of hardware features for the geek crowd.

24. macrumors 6502a

Great ads, but the travel one is a bit misleading. In certain places, if you are out and about with an iPad in public, you would be mugged in 2 seconds. If you have an iPhone, probably less.

25. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Which I'm guessing the vast majority of mini owners couldn't care less about. I mean it's not like the 1st gen mini had trouble selling...

----------

So if you have zero interest in something that means it sucks?