Apple Delays 30" Displays into late October

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by 2A Batterie, Sep 2, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

2. macrumors 601

stoid

I guess it's not that big a deal. Aren't the GF6800 cards delayed until about that time as well?

3. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Oh well. Apparently the GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL was also delayed to late October (see attached image).

4. macrumors 6502a

Gizmotoy

Not to sound completely pessimistic, but has Apple actually shipped anything new, in decent quantity, on time lately? I can't think of anything besides the Airport Express, which seemed to go fairly smoothly...

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I hope this doesn't affect apple negatively but maybe it has to for them to wake up and get ship dates straight with the customers. Apple owes to us be at least be straight forward instead of waiting till the last minute to tell purchasers about more delays.

6. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

But there are federal rules for these types of things which Apple is following.

Quite often Apple is relying on ship dates from their vendors, and Apple understands there are always supply chain problems getting initial production up and running the first time.

It would be nice if Apple would keep people informed, but the lawyers are probably involved and making sure the litigation loopholes are closed and the federal laws are followed -- which usually means angry customers.