Apple deleted my thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by w00tmaster, Apr 28, 2006.

1. w00tmaster macrumors regular

I posted a complaint on the Apple iTunes forum critical of Apple's treatment of the Daily Show, and Apple deleted it! It didn't have any cuss words, it wasn't threatening etc. Why do they delete things that are criticize them? It makes me wary to buy any more Apple products if they cannot at least address my complaint instead of deleting my comment. If they have to be that defensive, how can I trust their products?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't see the link between them censoring their site and the quality of their products though. :)

3. Sirin macrumors member

Sirin

Trust me, if you did the same thing with Microsoft on the MSDN forums, the Channel 9 forums, or the ASP.NET forums, they would've done the same thing, but in an even worse way. ;)

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Of course, your thread had nothing to do with products or services, did it? It sounds as though they did the right thing because you posted something that wasn't appropriate for their forums.

5. w00tmaster thread starter macrumors regular

Um, they are SELLING me a service to download the Daily Show, I was promised it would be delivered in a timely fashion, and they aren't so I complained. And they deleted it instead of responding to it, or at least ignoring it. If they decided to ignore it I wouldn't be that upset, but they had to delete it because they couldn't take the criticism.

6. w00tmaster thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but not on 99% of the Linux forums. I'm switching to Linux not windows :p

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's because Linux users can't read.

*Ducks*

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You make it seem as my response was unwarranted, but considering that you didn't specify the circumstances of the situation, who could know?

Did you contact customer service first?

9. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

LOL If Slashdot consist of mainly Linux users, then that would make sense....seeing as how the forums are set up on Slashdot

10. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

If you want to complain about Apple, posting in Discussion forms is not the right place. Generally, Apple do not look at these boards - though you do get Apple employees helping out from time to time.

Try using the feed back forms on the Apple website.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Apple's boards are notorious for their disappearing threads or single posts. They delete a lot.

12. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

MadJew...can I lick your ears, too? Please? ;)

Back on topic! Anyways, I feel that most of the problems with the Daily Show are Comedy Central's problem. It is hard to quickly digitize something only hours after it's filmed for tv. Don't get me started on their treatment of South Park... So maybe Apple just doesn't want criticism about something that it has no control over.

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Apple's discussion pages are not for complaining about Apple products or services, but to find solutions to problems with those products or services.

14. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

I love your Sig.

And very true too. These people using Word etc to create webpages...

15. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Only because you asked nicely. :)