Apple Delivery: Useless

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by robbieduncan, May 16, 2003.

1. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

So having waited at home all day for delivery of my new iPod (ordered on the day of release - still havn't got it) I phoned the Apple Store to find out where it was. Apparently the couriers couldn't find number 4! So instead of getting out of his van and actually looking at the door numbers he just pissed off. I know they are able to deliver here as my iBook was delivered no problem. To say the least I am a little upset that I have not left the house all day and still don't have my iPod. I have fired off an email to the store to complain so I'll see what comes from that. Next time I purchase Apple I'll buy from a real shop in town - I could have got an iPod from Micro Anvica almost a week ago.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Apple delivers direct in England? Wow - I don't know if its an issue with Apple or the employee here. And they didn't have your phone number to verify?

Good luck!

D

3. Pants macrumors regular

unbelievably I was just about to post a thread saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!

[edit] I'm deleting this as it looks like this has the potential to go further. But yep Robb, its IEC[/edit]

Its almost like they don't care about selling computers.......

4. valypan macrumors regular

Well it must be an exception!
    Here in Denmark Apple also delivers directly to the door and I never had problems with the service. They have always been very quick and efficient!
    As suggested before I am sure this was the courier´s´fault rather than Apple´s...

5. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It is the couriers fault as suggested (IEC if anyone is looking for a company to avoid). But as Apple do not offer the choice of courier company I would hope that they would choose a company that relfects their own levels of customer care. All this does is make Apple look bad.

6. valypan macrumors regular

I dont know how many courier services there are in your country, but here and in Europe as far as I know the two big ones are DHL and TNT. And I know Apple uses both of them for their deliveries...

7. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There are loads of major couriers in the UK (DLH/TNT/Secuiricor Express/...) but Apple use IEC: Irish Express Carriers (or Couriers not sure which). Apple are the only company I know of who use them.

8. somecows macrumors member

I live in the US and ordered a new ipod on the day they were released (monday). they were advertising all over the apple website that if you order on monday you would get the new ipod by friday. they charged me extra for this. anyhow, i tracked the shipment via the apple website and on thursday it still hadnt been shipped. i called apple, they said it would go out federal express priority overnight. i kept watching the website and when it finally shipped (on FRIDAY) i saw that it had actually gone out by UPS. i called UPS to see when i could expect delivery and they told me it had been shipped regular old ground mail and that it would probably arrive on monday or tuesday. then i called apple back to see what was up and they insisted i would get it that day. i said i didnt see how that was possible since it was already friday and it had just been shipped a few hours ago. i asked the woman i was speaking to why it hadnt been shipped overnight delivery and she told me that it was being shipped from a place that was "very close" to where i live so it should arrive same day even without overnight delivery. i live in virginia, it was shipped from pennsylvania. anyhow. i just thought it was all very weird, since NOTHING in the US gets delivered same day. i mean, even if i sent a letter to my neighbor accross the street it wouldnt arrive the same day, because the letter would have to go through all sorts of different centers, etc. so thats my story. i guess its not that big a deal since it did end up arriving on monday, but i thought it was annoying that they a) made such a big deal about it arriving on friday b) charged me extra for shipping and c) used such weird logic in order to determine how long it would take to arrive.

9. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-I always like GOD (Gauranteed Overnight Delivery)

Because it's funny as heck to have God deliver something to you!

10. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I ordered my iPod on that Monday that they were released, and I got it on that Friday. I was very impressed with how quick I got it.