Apple delivery

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CaptainCaveMann, Nov 17, 2004.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

Oct 5, 2004
    When you order something off of apples website, do you have to be home when they deliver it or else they wont leave it?
  2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    Yes, someone has to be at your home. Apple deliveries always require a signature, no matter how small or cheap the package is.
  3. stcanard macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2003
    Not only that, but depending on where it's being delivered to, or what's being delivered, they may put orders on that it cannot be picked up after a failed delivery, and cannot be diverted to another address.

Either get in writing (email) that you will be allowed to pick it up at the Fed-Ex depot if the delivery fails, or ensure you get it delivered to someplace where somebody you know will be there during the day.

There was quite a long thread a couple of weeks ago about people (me included) who have had to do things like take time off of work because there turned out to be no other way to actually get the delivery.
  4. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Feb 14, 2004
    South Jersey
    It depends on the Fedex drivers mood... I had an eMac left in my garden once & I also had a pair of ear buds not left because there was noone there at the time... You never know...
  5. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I picked up my PB at the FedEx depot after they driver left a "delivery attempt" sticker on my door - no problems. I just showed thewm my ID and they sent me on my way with my PB.