Apple ... designs ... intel

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jlewis2k1, Oct 20, 2005.

1. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

im curious is apple going to be redesigning all of their products to suit the Intel Switch?

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Nobody knows. They ahven't stated so, which lead me to believe they are.... Isn't this thread n the wrong forum?

3. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

they will design around the components they will have and the product they will want to make.
    they always do that and i don't doubt they will this time around too. In addition, the form factor will be ripe for an update as well so i wouldn't be surprised if there is some significantly new products.

4. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I'm still fuzzy on what the whole thing means. I haven't exactly looked into it extensively, so I don't know how to feel on the subject. Is it just a processor upgrade or an OS thing? I'm out of the loop, so to speak.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Maybe we will have an indication at MWSF '06. Otherwise we will have to see the rumors. Definitely at WWDC '06.

6. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

Anyone ever notice how Apple hardware designs don't quite match with the OS themes?

Aqua colors - iMac/Book colors
    Pinstripes - Pre-Alu Displays
    Brushed Metal - PM G5s, PB G4s
    Unified - PM G4s, iBooks
    Pro Apps - Pre-G Books, older PM G4s

7. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I think we will be seeing PowerBook changes, iMac changes, i believe the mini will look very similar and i think the PowerMac will look similar. These are based on 100% untrustworthy knowledge and are based on nothing except my opinion, so they are most like correct

8. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

I think that Apple will do something totally unexpected to differentiate the PPC from the Intel.