Apple Desktop Remote - MS Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Digitalclips, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Digitalclips macrumors 65816

Does anyone know if Apple's Desktop Remote can be used to access a PC running XP Pro's Remote Desktop. I can access from my Mac using MS's own client software but I don't seem to be able to access from ADR which seems a shame. I have searched Apple's web site for info but found only references to the MS client. MS seems not to have updated their OS X client since 2004 and it is flakey although it works. Tyical problem is after a quit it closes window but won't actually quit requiring a force quit. My Dual G5 Tower is running 10.4.8 and Win XP Pro is latest updates. Connection is on same local area network by ethernet through fast switch.

TIA for any info

Michael

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

No. You can not access a Windows PC with Apple Remote Desktop.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

An updated client may be coming soon from MS though. They just updated their XP client for compatability with Vista, suggesting that an update for the Mac client is or will be in the works shortly.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Try rdesktop. And if you're not comfortable with compiling and use of Terminal, try TSClientX - although you'll need to install X11 for that.

5. Digitalclips thread starter macrumors 65816

X11 RD is FAST!

Thank you so much, I had X11 already running . It is freaking fast after MS version :)

6. Digitalclips thread starter macrumors 65816

MMmm.. small snag, so far no copy and paste between PC and Mac though. Maybe I set it up incorrectly?

7. Digitalclips thread starter macrumors 65816

OK I'll watch the orks ;) Thanks for info

8. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac