Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sigg66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I have submitted my 20MB game for review weeks ago, and even though I got the expedited review, I still have not heard anything back, and it's still 'in review'. I've phoned and no one can give me a definitive answer, so seems like it won't get approved. So is there any way to get a refund on my Apple developers license?

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
No refunds.

Stasis issues have happened to some people before - I've that you should remove the app (developer reject) and resubmit it. On average it takes ~7 days.

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
One of my apps was in review stage for 3 days and it got approved. Give them couple of days.

sigg66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
One of my apps was in review stage for 3 days and it got approved. Give them couple of days.

I've given up, been in review for way to long. They say it's 'technical issues' but that's gone on for weeks. Scam in my opinion

Last edited:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I've given up, been in review for way to long. They say it's 'technical issues' but that's gone on for weeks. Scam in my opinion

Can you give us the date that you submitted it and the date they changed the status to "In Review"?

In my experience, it has taken anywhere from a day to a month from when I submit to when they approve (or reject). Depends on the time of year. In December, they receive a lot of submissions and simultaneously, a lot of employees take time off. So December is always a bad month to submit during.

Also, "In Review" is a misleading status. Submissions are reviewed separately by two individuals. You get told its "In Review" from the moment the first person starts reviewing your app until the second person finishes. Each person reviews your submission for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, but there's an indeterminate period of time, possibly over a week long, between when the first person finishes and the second person starts.

It'd be nice if they broke down "In Review" to "In First Review", "Awaiting Second Review", and "In Second Review".

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
Routinely, it's 7 days with maybe one exception for me. Not counting the holiday downtime, of course.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
i have a developer account i've been trying to upgrade to the company account from individual but it seems like they just won't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.