Apple Developer Store error - FIX!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FountainKiller, Nov 9, 2006.

1. FountainKiller macrumors newbie

I know there have been a lot of people having the same "unable to enter the requested store" error when trying to enter the apple developer store. I have finally found the cause and the fix.

When following the links from developer.apple.com I would end up at:
    http://developer.apple.com/Membership/usa.html

But this is not the sending referrer that the dev store wants to let you in. You need to come from:
    http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html

note the lower case m in the second link. Let's hope that apple can fix this soon. I don't know why it worked for some people but not for others, but by using the second link it works consistently for me now.

Hope that helps everyone!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Amazing how a simple thing like that can screw things up. I've e-mailed the ADC folks through their "Contact ADC" form to let them know of the problem. I suggest that others do the same to make sure they make the simple fix to this annoying problem a priority.

3. FountainKiller thread starter macrumors newbie

Agreed. I have done the same. If you were having a problem with this, drop them a line and let them know it really is frustrating!

4. josta macrumors member

Thanks for posting the problem Fountainkiller. That was driving me crazy! I'll drop them a line as well.

5. FountainKiller thread starter macrumors newbie

No Problem. Glad I could help!

6. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

wow, thanks, i'm actually heading on there to buy my new MBP :D