Apple DID just update Safari for PowerPC...and broke YouTube

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dontwalkhand, Jul 20, 2011.

1. dontwalkhand, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

Contrary to popular belief, Apple just updated Safari (and iTunes) for PowerPC, which is a good thing.

Now on to the bad part...it now causes YouTube to stop early for no reason, (the video says 5 minutes left, but the progress bar in the video went a little too ahead of itself, and stopped the video prematurely...this does not happen in tenfourfox...what can I do?) This is only happening with HTML5 videos, not Flash. I switched YouTube back to Flash and all is fine.

EDIT: I don't know if I can narrow it down just yet, but the HTML5 videos are having the same issues on Intel macs, so I am guessing it is because the HTML5 videos arent ready for public usage just yet.

2. macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

Youtube (HTML5 and Abobe Flash) work fine for me with the new version of safari for leopard on my powerbook g4 1.5ghz:)

3. macrumors 68020

I've never had that issue with HTML5 YouTube in Safari on OS X.

4. macrumors 68020

zen.state

They updated 5.0x for PowerPC. It won't see the current 5.1 that Snow Leopard and Lion run. I can tell you from using it for 2 days now that 5.1 is really fast.

5. macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

I know my family members (How dare i say this) use safari 5.1 on there win 7 pc i just upgraded them to it yesterday and safari 5.1 is 3x as fast as safari 5 even on a pc:) it kicks Internet Explorer butt:):):) that is the only web browser they use on the pc!!!