Apple Digital Cameras?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cwedl, Jul 5, 2003.

1. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I think Apple should made Digital Cameras.

They have made Ipods for music!

How about a Digital Camera for pictures?

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

bad idea for apple. apple used to make digital cameras and it didnt go well. apple will just be stepping on people's toes. there are plenty good digital cameras out there, there is no need for them to hop on people's toes and make their own. isight and ipod were ok because they felt no one was doing it right.

iJon

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

too hard to work into their product line right now... everyone would want it to work with the iPod, and that would be complicated.

Apple did make QuickTake cameras, I have a QuickTake 200 sitting right here... It's a great cam if you don't need to connect it to a computer... No OS X support at all... these are old cameras...

if you have a system running pre-X, with a serial port, it may not be a bad purchase... if you can find the software for them... which i have not found yet...

pnw

4. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

there are so many os x compatible cameras that are good, and that are made by companies such as canon, minolta, olympus ... that are specified on doing cameras. there is no way that all mac users would feel they want all the same kind of digicam. there is so good selection out there, it would be rally hard to compete with all those big camera houses.

5. cesar macrumors member

Re: Apple Digital Cameras?

I really would like an Apple Digital Camara....... Apple should use Foveon technology.... but I know that ask for a digital camara form apple is like a dream... but wait a second, nobody was expecting an mp3 player from apple and iPod is the number 1 mp3 player sold.!!!!

6. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

There are too many good digital cameras out there right now. And you can get them pretty cheap. There's too much competition and Apple probably wouldn't make it.