Apple Disc Recording Update

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by arn, Jul 23, 2002.

1. arn
    macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Now found in your Software Update (OS X):

The Disc Recording Update delivers additional iTunes and Finder
    support for a number of LaCie, EZquest, and Iomega CD-R devices. For a
    specific list of supported devices, visit the Apple CD-R Compatibility site
  2. macrumors 68030

Jul 17, 2002
    Corvallis, OR
  3. macrumors member

Feb 19, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    No help to me.

I swapped my DVD drive in my G4 out for a CD-RW by Phillips. I can burn CD's thru the finder but not iTunes. What is up with that. Useing toast is such a pain when I have all my music in iTunes to begin with.
  4. macrumors regular

Mar 5, 2002
    Software update

I just tried to run Software update and even though my internet connection is up (Obviously, or I wouldn't be able to post this) it says that it is "not able to connect to the internet." I have checked my internet and network settings, and everything appears to be as it should.

Any ideas?
  5. macrumors regular

May 2, 2002
    New York
    Had the same problem

i had the same "could not connect to Internet" error message earlier. i thought it was only me, but I see it wasn't. however, I just tried again, and all is working now. I suggest you try it again too.
  6. macrumors regular

Nov 28, 2001
    How about some added support for my piece o' ****e Superdrive that will NOT burn data cd'rs under any OS with any choice of burning software!!!!!
  7. macrumors regular

Mar 5, 2002
    Re: Had the same problem

Thanks, I got it to work after a restart.

8. macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2002
    Los Angeles
    why can't you burn data CD-R's from your superdrive ?
  9. macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    If you have a superdrive in your G4 it should burn data CDs, audio cds, videoCDs, whatever. Mine didn't even come with a superdrive. I installed it after the fact. Took maybe 10 minutes. Bought a $20 copy of iDVD from the Apple store and I was doing great. Works exactly like regular superdrive (since it's the same pioneer A03 it should!)

Something is wrong with your box.
  10. macrumors 6502

May 17, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Does this update provide any additional functionality for PowerBook/iBook users with built-in CD-RW's?
  11. macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2001
    SCSI Yamaha 4416 Drive Support

Has anyone been able to get a SCSI Yamaha CD-RW drive working under Mac OS X? Specifically, the Yamaha 4416 is the one I'm having problems with. Thanks for any help.