Apple Discusion boards

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bob5820, Dec 9, 2006.

1. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

When on Apples discusion board I can not find a link for posting a new message. I'm logged in and can reply to a previously posted message, but I don't see a link to create a new one.

2. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I just spent a fun 5 minutes on the same quest. Maybe there's some maintencce going on. I wondered if there's some reason such as not giving credit to people who answered my questions, but I guess that's being a bit paranoid. Best try again later, I guess.

3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

When you choose a product, it brings you to the main discussion page, at the top are all the subcategories and the newest posts from all the categories below that. You have to choose an appropriate subcategory, then the link to post new should appear. It is working for me, sorry if I am telling you something you already know.

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

No excuse, but that's changed recently, hasn't it?

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

In the few months I've been using the Apple forums, you've never been able to post in that "top-level" forum. You always had to do it in a subcategory.

6. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

They changed it at some point, I am thinking a while back. I remember it took me a while to figure it out.