apple display vs. samsung syncmaster

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fowler., Feb 11, 2005.

1. fowler. macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2004
    I've been trying to sell my 20" lucite cinema display to get a 21.3" Samsung Syncmaster. I'm just wondering if it's even worth it. I like my display, but having the extra space on top would make me feel better.

I haven't compared the two side by side, so I don't know how much wider mine is compared to the Samsung. I know it has an 80 pixel advantage, but I don't know how that translates into physical size.

Any help would be nice. Thanks.
  2. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004

I have the 191T. I love it. Got it 18 months ago. best purche ever. I would say on par with the ACD. Go for it.
  3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    I have the 910T - its amazing, and even better, supports 2 computers at once. The colors are rich and full, and it pivots!

Get the Samsung. You defidantly wont be sorry!
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Technically, the Samsung is very good but wouldn't you miss the widescreen aspect ratio? The price is certainly great with all the rebates.
  5. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

Nov 12, 2004
    Keep the Apple 20" and buy a bigger desk. You'll miss the widescreen footage. I took my Powermac to the Genius Bar today and he hooked it up to the 17" Cinema and the screen had to be adjusted as it was used to my 20" widescreen. I definately didn't like the look of it.