Apple displays as TVs?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by _pb_boi, Jun 15, 2004.

1. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

Guys,

I've searched the forums, and found only a thread from a year and a half ago, that was basically saying there wasn't much hope for using Apple HD displays as TVs.

My question is; has anything changed? More specifically, is it currently, or will it ever, be possible to display a TV signal on a 17in studio display? Size wise, its perfect for my bedroom, and would save me buying an LCD TV in addition to the monitor, so I'm just wondering if it's possible atm. I remember somebody telling me they hoped to buy a 23in HD display, and use it in conjunction with a Cube to get a TV picture. Would this be possible?

Cheers!

andy.

2. _pb_boi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

Uber-expensive though :rolleyes: That said, most likely worth it. Is it the cheapest (?only?) solution out there? It sure looks cool, very in keeping with Apple design style.

Has anyone used one? Looks like the option I'll take, if I go down that road.

andy.

edit: having fully read the spec-sheet, it looks pretty amazing actually. Just a pity the comp has to be plugged into it for the screen to work, but that's pretty understandable lol

3. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyetvmain

ive heard this one is good to from reviews in various magazines. i think this one is more expensive though. there is a USB version, but i have deffintly heard the USB is BAD. theres just not enough bandwidth running through USB to provide good video. i would love to get one for my apt but again they are a bit expensive :-/

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am using the ViewSonic NextVision Video Processor ( with a Mitsu SB70, and it is a good performer.

This sounds just right for you. It doesn't allow for recording (which you didn't ask for).