Apple Displays getting whiter

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacAddict, Feb 4, 2003.

1. MacAddict macrumors newbie

I looked at a new 20" Apple Display today at CompUSA and it was whiter than the older 22" sitting next to it. It seems like the whole Apple line is going to go white or chrome or whatever they like to call it. The iBook went white, then we got he iPod, the new iMac went white, and i have a good feeling the G5 will end up to be white. I think the TiBook will stay titanium looking because well... its titanium. Apple started the whole colors sceme in 97 with the original iMac, than they kind of went with the graphite look for a while and i predict they are going to go with the cool white-chrome look for most their stuff now.

What do you guys think will happen with the style and look of Apple products?

By the way it would be really cool to have a come back of the cube or something like it, i was looking at them on ebay today and man i think they are pretty cool looking....especially with a display and apple speakers.:D

Attached Files:

2. Eckslusive macrumors 6502

man, apple has the best designs ever. i love their ideas. and they make everything so futuristic and nice...thats one thing why i switched.

3. Eckslusive macrumors 6502

If only i had the money to buy the 20" Apple display. While I'm stuck here with a 18.5" NEC LCD :(
    but oh well :D
    i dont need it anyways

4. Mr Hooglyboo macrumors newbie

I noticed the WHITE/CREAM colored (maybe "snow") display first at www.cube-zone.com where there is a 20" and 23" cinema disply side-by-side in an apple store. However the 20" in apple.com clearly has the striped border.

I am tired of the graphite stripes so I would much more prefer this white-ish 20" along with the white keyboard/mouse.

If anyone has an info regarding this white 20" let me know.

Attached Files:

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

they're definitely going to a more white lineup... looks more clean, pristine, and classy. Also makes the appearance much more subtle, and in a way harder to copy.

they'll surely change a lot in the future, to what we can't predict, but i think they'll keep the white look for a while. the iMac would surely not be so great looking if it were anything but the white matte... so it'll probably be a redesign of the iMac that signifies the change. I'm guessing that won't be for a few years...

pnw

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It would look sweet with a light grey base, much like the light grey used in this forum (just look at the background of my reply ;)). This would also look pretty sweet on an iBook. Its veeery nice. Anything darker, and it turns dull.

The white is nice, though. Any time you look at a white-ish computer, you already know its a Mac. Its Mac's signature for now --- very recognizable. Instant recognizability is a great thing, and isn't something that's easily obtainable, so if Apple can do it, they should.

7. MEMPHIS macrumors newbie

I took the photos for www.cube-zone.com and have the origional pics (~2mb each) if you want a closer comparison.

I will also be at the Apple sore on Friday and will be able to take more/closer (~ 1 inch) of each display for comparison.

Email if you are interested:
    davidkapp [at] mac dot com

I'm also more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

MEMPHIS.

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I like the white, too. It looks a lot cleaner, if you don't get it dirty. I love how Apple's designs are so different from other computers.