Apple Displays Need Updates like Whoa

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RedMacMan, Feb 15, 2004.

1. RedMacMan macrumors member

So I'm starting to think about buying a big screen LCD to use at work. I'd love to get an Apple one, but don't want to be one of those ancient displays they're still selling. Is it jsut me or do they REALLY some updated designs with a much thinner bezel?

It'd be a shame to go buy a Dell LCD or something for use with my powerbook...

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I don't think the current display is in drastic need of updating. It's fine the way it is.

Contrary to what I just said, I would like some updates...cheaper would be good, something matchin the g5/powerbook designs optimally.

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I was about to post the same things.

I'm about to buy a powermac but the LCD are so old, I would like to have more features already.

I do not want to buy one to have a new model in a month. They have been like this for over a year already, no changes. They are cool but I would like to watch tv on them too or some other stuff. Maybe touch screen capability. Can you imagine to run Final Cut Pro touching th screen?

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it really has been too long on the displays. The 20" is a year old, and the others older than that.

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

exactly what would you like to see updated in the LCD? are you someone just like something new or do you really know hardware specs for LCD? The apple lcd are really LG display in hiding anyways.

6. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I think mainly what they are saying is a new design factor to match the PowerMacs...and thinner displays would be appreciated.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Firewire port on the display would also be nice - especially if you're using a desktop mac and have the box under the desk. Sure, it would require hooking up another cable and might be contrary to the Apple Design Aesthetic....but it would be a useful option.

D

8. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I personally like the design of the current displays and I liked the design of the G4 Powermac much more than the G5. Maybe its out. :eek: But I still like it better.

9. Opteron macrumors 6502

Is this true, I'm intregued. Can anyone else add light to this claim.

10. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

if you are refering the comment about LG it is true. the screen savers on techtv mentioned it last week. they are going to do a head to head comparison sometime. i'll post the link whenever they do it.