Apple Displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nathanziarek, Nov 2, 2003.

1. nathanziarek macrumors newbie

I'd like to order one, but I am wondering if they are going to update them to match the G5 and Powerbook enclosures better? It is not mission critical, so I can wait, but, as with everything, the sooner the better. Anyone got any inside dirt? I'm game for pure guessing too :)

Nate

2. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
  3. innervision macrumors member

buy it when you need it, but i'd wait if i were in your situation...

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

5. Macette macrumors 6502

the current displays are very nice. they don't look at all out of place with the G5... and in fact, with all the brushed metal and aluminium around, they're a bit of a relief to be honest! if you need one, buy one. if you don't, don't.

6. the future macrumors 6502a

Very true! I can assure you they look quite terrific with an AluBook as well! :)

7. tom.96 macrumors regular

I think the current displays are very nice indeed, but I'd speculate that they may be updated to match the new aluminium machines. May also see a price reduction, there have been quite a lot of nice displays coming out from Sony etc at very good prices.

8. intendedaccel macrumors member

My 20" LCD with DVI to ADC adaptor shipped yesterday from apple after about a month wait. I guess I will see when it arrives tomorrow if the delay was because it is an updated design or if it was simply a delay in shipping.